This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/03/2015 at 08:45 am.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
DHS, USCIS invites the general public and other Federal agencies to comment upon this proposed revision of a currently approved collection of information. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) of 1995, the information collection notice is published in the Federal Register to obtain comments regarding the nature of the information collection, the categories of respondents, the estimated burden (i.e. the time, effort, and resources used by the respondents to respond), the estimated cost to the respondent, and the actual information collection instruments.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until October 5, 2015.
All submissions received must include the OMB Control Number 1615-0096 in the subject box, the agency name and Docket ID USCIS-2006-0013. To avoid duplicate submissions, please use only one of the following methods to submit comments:
(1) Online. Submit comments via the Federal eRulemaking Portal Web site at www.regulations.gov under e-Docket ID number USCIS-2006-0013;
(2) Email. Submit comments to USCISFRComment@uscis.dhs.gov;
(3) Mail. Submit written comments to DHS, USCIS, Office of Policy and Strategy, Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2140.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the Federal eRulemaking Portal site at: http://www.regulations.gov and enter USCIS-2006-0013 in the search box. If you need information on how to comment, or would like a copy of the form and instructions, you may contact us at: USCIS, Office of Policy and Strategy, Regulatory Coordination Division, Laura Dawkins, Chief, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2140, Telephone number 202-272-8377. Please note contact information provided here is solely for questions regarding this notice. It is not for individual case status inquiries. Applicants seeking information about the status of their individual cases can check Case Status Online, available at the USCIS Web site at http://www.uscis.gov, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Regardless of the method used for submitting comments or material, all submissions will be posted, without change, to the Federal eRulemaking Portal at http://www.regulations.gov, and will include any personal information you provide. Therefore, submitting this information makes it public. You may wish to consider limiting the amount of personal information that you provide in any voluntary submission you make to DHS. DHS may withhold information provided in comments from public viewing that it determines may impact the privacy of an individual or is offensive. For additional information, please read the Privacy Act notice that is available via the link in the footer of http://www.regulations.gov.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.Start Printed Page 46316
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Genealogy Index Search Request and Genealogy Records Request.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the DHS sponsoring the collection: Form G-1041 and G-1041A; USCIS.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals and households. USCIS will use these forms to facilitate an accurate and timely response to genealogy index search and records requests.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: The estimated total number of respondents for the information collection Form G-1041-4,186 responses (electronically submitted) at .50 hours (30 minutes) per response and 364 responses (submitted by mail) at .50 hours (30 minutes); Form G-1041A-1,824 responses (electronically submitted) at .5 hours (30 minutes) per response and 486 responses (submitted by mail) at .5 hours (30 minutes).
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total estimated annual hour burden associated with this collection is 3,430 hours.
(7) An estimate of the total public burden (in cost) associated with the collection: The estimated total annual cost burden associated with this collection of information is $3,187.50.Start Signature
Dated: July 29, 2015.
Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2015-19021 Filed 8-3-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P