Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA has received applications to register pesticide products containing active ingredients not included in any currently registered pesticide products. Pursuant to the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications.
Comments must be received on or before September 4, 2015.
Submit your comments, identified by the Docket Identification Number (ID) and the File Symbol of interest as shown in the body of this document, by one of the following methods:
Start Further Info
Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments. Do not submit electronically any information you consider to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute.
Mail: OPP Docket, Environmental Protection Agency Docket Center (EPA/DC), (28221T), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
Hand Delivery: To make special arrangements for hand delivery or delivery of boxed information, please follow the instructions at http://www.epa.gov/dockets/contacts.html. Additional instructions on commenting or visiting the docket, along with more information about dockets generally, is available at http://www.epa.gov/dockets.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Robert McNally, Director, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division (BPPD) (7511P), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; main telephone number: (703) 305-7090; email address: BPPDFRNotices@epa.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. The following list of North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide to help readers determine whether this document applies to them. Potentially affected entities may include:
- Crop production (NAICS code 111).
- Animal production (NAICS code 112).
- Food manufacturing (NAICS code 311).
- Pesticide manufacturing (NAICS code 32532).
If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. What should I consider as I prepare my comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or email. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When preparing and submitting your comments, see the commenting tips at http://www.epa.gov/dockets/comments.html.
3. Environmental justice. EPA seeks to achieve environmental justice, the fair treatment and meaningful involvement of any group, including minority and/or low-income populations, in the development, implementation, and enforcement of environmental laws, regulations, and policies. To help address potential environmental justice issues, EPA seeks information on any groups or segments of the population who, as a result of their location, cultural practices, or other factors, may have atypical or disproportionately high and adverse human health impacts or environmental effects from exposure to the pesticides discussed in this document, compared to the general population.
II. Registration Applications
EPA has received applications to register pesticide products containing active ingredients not included in any currently registered pesticide products. Pursuant to the provisions of FIFRA section 3(c)(4) (7 U.S.C. 136a(c)(4)), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by EPA on these applications. For actions being evaluated under EPA's public participation process for registration actions, there will be an additional opportunity for public comment on the proposed decisions. Please see EPA's public participation Web site for additional information on this process (http://www2.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/public-participation-process-registration-actions). EPA received the following applications to register pesticide products containing active ingredients not included in any currently registered pesticide products:
1. File Symbol: 64137-RE. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2015-0484. Applicant: OMC Ag Consulting, Inc., 828 Tanglewood Ln., East Lansing, MI 48823 (on behalf of Verdera Oy, Kurjenkellontie 5 B, FI-02270 Espoo, Finland). Product name: Rotstop C Biofungicide. Active ingredient: Fungicide—Phlebiopsis gigantea strain VRA 1992 at 10%. Proposed use: End-use product for control of root and butt Start Printed Page 46575rot (species of Heterobasidion annosum complex, including Heterobasidion irregulare) on conifers by treatment of freshly cut stumps. Contact: BPPD.
2. File Symbol: 90866-E. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2015-0458. Applicant: Spring Trading Company, 10805 W. Timberwagon Cir., Spring, TX 77380-4030 (on behalf of CH Biotech R&D Co. LTD, No. 121, Xian an Rd., Xianxi Township, Changhua County 507, Taiwan (R.O.C.) 50741). Product name: CH Biotech R&D Co. Betaine. Active ingredient: Plant Growth Regulator—Methanaminium, 1-carboxy- N, N, N-trimethyl-, inner salt (Betaine) at 98.5%. Proposed use: Plant growth regulator for amelioration of growth reduction caused by saline or sodic soils and environmental stress. Contact: BPPD.
3. File Symbol: 90866-R. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2015-0458. Applicant: Spring Trading Company, 10805 W. Timberwagon Cir., Spring, TX 77380-4030 (on behalf of CH Biotech R&D Co. LTD, No. 121, Xian an Rd., Xianxi Township, Changhua County 507, Taiwan (R.O.C.) 50741). Product name: CH Biotech Betaine Technical. Active ingredient: Plant Growth Regulator—Methanaminium, 1-carboxy- N, N, N-trimethyl-, inner salt (Betaine) at 98.5%. Proposed use: Manufacturing-use product. Contact: BPPD.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: July 24, 2015.
John E. Leahy, Jr.,
Acting Director, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2015-19263 Filed 8-4-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P