This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/17/2015 at 08:45 am.
Department of State.
Notice of request for public comment.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment preceding submission of the collection to OMB.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to October 19, 2015.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Web: Persons with access to the Internet may comment on this notice by going to www.Regulations.gov. You can search for the document by entering Docket Number: DOS-2015-0025 in the Search field. Then click the “Comment Now” button and complete the comment form.
- Email: PRA_BurdenComments@state.gov. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and the OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Taylor Mauck who may be reached at 202-485-7635 or at PRA_BurdenComments@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Electronic Application for Immigration Visa and Alien Registration.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0185.
- Type of Request: Extension.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Consular Affairs, Visa Services (CA/VO/L/R).
- Form Number: DS-260.
- Respondents: Immigrant Visa Applicants.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 581,642.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 581,642.
- Average Time per Response: 2 Hours.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 1,163,284 Hours.
- Frequency: Once per respondent.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain Benefits.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection: Form DS-260 will be used to elicit information to determine the eligibility of aliens applying for immigrant visas.
Methodology: The DS-260 will be submitted electronically to the Start Printed Page 50068Department via the Internet. The applicant will be instructed to print a confirmation page containing a 2-D bar code record locator, which will be scanned at the time of processing. Applicants who submit the electronic application will no longer submit paper-based applications to the Department.Start Signature
Dated: August 6, 2015.
Edward J. Ramotowski,
Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2015-20261 Filed 8-17-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P