The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, and to allow a second opportunity for public comment on the notice. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Start Printed Page 51276
Comments on the collection(s) of information must be received by the OMB desk officer by September 23, 2015.
When commenting on the proposed information collections, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be received by the OMB desk officer via one of the following transmissions: OMB, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: CMS Desk Officer, Fax Number: (202) 395-5806 or, Email: OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA) (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)) requires federal agencies to publish a 30-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice that summarizes the following proposed collection(s) of information for public comment:
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Medicare Part D Reporting Requirements and Supporting Regulations; Use: To ensure quality provision of the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit to beneficiaries, the collected information will serve as an integral resource for oversight, monitoring, compliance, and auditing activities. Sponsors should retain documentation and data records related to their data submissions. Data will be validated, analyzed, and utilized for trend reporting. For CY 2016 reporting, the following sections will be reported and collected at the Contract-level or Plan-level: (1) Enrollment and disenrollment, (2) retail, home infusion, and long-term care pharmacy access, (3) medication therapy management programs, (4) grievances, (5) coverage determinations and redeterminations, (6) long term care utilization, (7) employer/union sponsored sponsors, and (8) plan oversight of agents. Form Number: CMS-10185 (OMB control number 0938-0992); Frequency: Annually and semi-annually; Affected Public: Private sector (Business or other for-profits); Number of Respondents: 694; Total Annual Responses: 6,875; Total Annual Hours: 10,865. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Chanelle Jones at 410-786-8008).
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Part C Medicare Advantage Reporting Requirements and Supporting Regulations; Use: There are a number of information users of Part C reporting data, including our central and regional office staff that use this information to monitor health plans and to hold them accountable for their performance, researchers, and other government agencies such as the Government Accounting Office. Health plans can use this information to measure and benchmark their performance. Form Number: CMS-10261 (OMB control number 0938-1054); Frequency: Annually and semi-annually; Affected Public: Private sector (Business or other for-profits); Number of Respondents: 561; Total Annual Responses: 3,508; Total Annual Hours: 201,503. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Terry Lied at 410-786-8973).
3. Type of Information Collection Request: New collection (Request for new OMB control number); Title of Information Collection: Essential Community Provider Data Collection to Support QHP Certification for PY 2017; Use: For plan years beginning on or after January 1, 2017, Health and Human Services (HHS) intends to collect more complete provider data for inclusion on the HHS Essential Community Provider (ECP) list to ensure a more accurate reflection of the universe of qualified available ECPs in a given service area that can be counted toward an issuer's satisfaction of the ECP standard. The HHS will collect data on qualified and available ECPs from providers. Providers will submit an ECP petition to be added to the HHS ECP list or provide required missing data fields to remain on the list. The degree of provider participation in this data collection effort through the ECP provider petition will help inform HHS's future proposals for counting issuers' ECP write-ins toward satisfaction of the ECP standard. Form Number: CMS-10561 (OMB control number: 0938-New); Frequency: Annually; Affected Public: Private sector (Business or other for-profits and Not-for-profit Institutions); Number of Respondents: 31,634; Total Annual Responses: 31,634; Total Annual Hours: 53,491. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Deborah Hunter at 410-786-0625.)
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 18, 2015.
Director, Regulations Development Group, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2015-20787 Filed 8-21-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P