Executive Office for Immigration Review, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This proposed information collection was previously published in the FR 80 38232, on July 2, 2015, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until October 5, 2015.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Charles Adkins-Blanch, Acting General Counsel, Executive Office for Immigration Review, U.S. Department of Justice, Suite 2600, 5107 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Virginia 20530; telephone: (703) 305-0470. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and/or
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension, without change, of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Suspension of Deportation.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form number is EOIR-40, Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individual aliens determined to be deportable from the United States. Other: None. Abstract: This information collection is necessary to determine the statutory eligibility of individual aliens, who have been determined to be deportable from the United States, for suspension of their deportation pursuant to former section 244 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and 8 CFR 1240.55 (2011), as well as to provide information relevant to a favorable exercise of discretion.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 160 respondents will complete the form annually with an average of 5 hours and 45 minutes per response.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated public burden associated with this collection is 920 hours. It is estimated that respondents will take 5 hours and 45 minutes to complete the form.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: September 1, 2015.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2015-22015 Filed 9-3-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P