Start Printed Page 65802
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register at 80 FR 51313, on August 24, 2015, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until November 27, 2015.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Christopher Reeves, Christopher.Reeves@atf.gov, Chief, Federal Explosives Licensing Center, 99 New York Avenue NE., Washington, DC 20226. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or send email to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection 1140-0097:
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing collection without change.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Supplemental Information on Water Quality Considerations.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: ATF Form 5000.30.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: ATF collects this data for the purpose of identifying waste product(s) generated as a result of explosives operations, the disposal of the products into navigable waters, and if there is any adverse impact on the environment. The information may be disclosed to other Federal, State, and local law enforcement and regulatory personnel to verify information on the form and to aid in the enforcement of environmental laws.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 680 respondents will take 30 minutes to complete the form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 340 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: October 22, 2015.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2015-27310 Filed 10-26-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P