Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until March 11, 2016.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Desiree M. Dickinson, Industry Liaison, ATF Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405 at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.Start Printed Page 1212
Overview of this information collection:
1. Type of Information Collection (check justification or form 83): Revision of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Application to Register as an Importer of U.S. Munitions Import List Articles
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number (if applicable): ATF Form 4587 (5330.4)
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other non-profit.
Other (if applicable): None.
Abstract: The purpose of this information collection is to allow ATF to determine if the registrant qualifies to engage in the business of importing a firearm or firearms, ammunition, and the implements of war, and to facilitate the collection of registration fees.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 300 respondents will take 30 minutes to complete the survey.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 150 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: January 5, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-00222 Filed 1-8-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P