Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until May 2, 2016.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Andrew Ashton, Specialist, National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405 at telephone: 304-616-4541.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection (check justification or form 83-I): Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Application to Transport Interstate or Temporarily Export Certain National Firearms Act (NFA) Firearms.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Start Printed Page 10912
Form number (if applicable): ATF F 5320.20.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Individuals or households.
Other (if applicable): None.
Abstract: Certain National Firearms Act firearms may not be transported interstate or temporarily exported by any person, other than a qualified Federal firearms licensee, without approval from ATF. The regulation requires a written request and this form provides for the regulatory requirements and may be used as a written request.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 10,000 respondents will take 20 minutes to complete the survey.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 3,300 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: February 26, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-04555 Filed 3-1-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P