Office on Violence Against Women, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office on Violence Against Women, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register at 81 FR 6293, on February 5, 2016, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 30 days until May 9, 2016.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Cathy Poston, Attorney Advisor, Office on Violence Against Women, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530 (phone: 202-514-5430). Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including Start Printed Page 20674whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Financial Capability Form.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: 1122-NEW. U.S. Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: The affected public includes non-governmental applicants to OVW grant programs that do not currently (or within the last 3 years) have funding from OVW. In accordance with 2 CFR 200.205, the information is required for assessing the financial risk of an applicant's ability to administer federal funds. The form includes a mix of check box and narrative questions related to the organization's financial systems, policies and procedures.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that it will take the approximately 40 respondents (non-governmental) applicants to OVW grant programs approximately 4 hours to complete an online assessment form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total annual hour burden to complete the data collection forms is 160 hours, that is 40 applicants completing a form once as a new applicant with an estimated completion time for the form being 4 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: April 5, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-08107 Filed 4-7-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FX-P