National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Notice of meeting.
In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act, Public Law 92-463, as amended, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) announces a meeting of the National Space-Based Positioning, Navigation, and Timing Advisory Board.
Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Thursday, May 19, 2016, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Local Time.
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, Woodrow Wilson Ballroom A, 201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD 20745.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. James J. Miller, Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC 20546, (202) 358-4417, fax (202) 358-4297, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
The meeting will be open to the public up to the seating capacity of the room. It is imperative that the meeting be held on these dates to accommodate the scheduling priorities of the key participants. Visitors will be requested to sign a visitor's register.
The agenda for the meeting includes the following topics:
- Update on U.S. Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) Policy and Global Positioning System (GPS) Modernization.
- Prioritize current and planned GPS capabilities and services while assessing future PNT architecture alternatives with a focus on affordability.
- Examine methods in which to Protect, Toughen, and Augment (PTA) access to GPS/Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) services in key domains for multiple user sectors.
- Review the potential benefits, perceived vulnerabilities, and any proposed regulatory constraints to accessing foreign Radio Navigation Satellite Service (RNSS) signals in the United States and subsequent impacts on multi-GNSS receiver markets.
- Explore opportunities for enhancing the interoperability of GPS with other emerging international GNSS.
- Examine emerging trends and requirements for PNT services in U.S. and international forums through PNT Board technical assessments, including back-up services for terrestrial, maritime, aviation, and space users.
End Supplemental Information
Patricia D. Rausch,
Advisory Committee Management Officer, National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
[FR Doc. 2016-08142 Filed 4-8-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE P