Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until August 1, 2016.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Jason Lynch, United States Bomb Data Center, 3750 Corporal Road, Redstone Arsenal, AL 35898, at email: Jason.Lynch@ATF.gov. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection (check justification or form 83): Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Report of Theft or Loss of Explosives.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number (if applicable): ATF F 5400.5.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other (if applicable): Individuals or households, Not-for-profit institutions, Farms, Federal Government, and State, Local, or Tribal Government.
Abstract: According to 27 CFR 555.30 (a) Any licensee or permittee who has knowledge or theft or loss of any explosive materials from his stock shall, within 24 hours of discovery, report the theft or loss by telephoning 1-800-800-3855 (nationwide toll free number) and on ATF F 5400.5, Report of Theft or Loss of Explosives, in accordance with the instructions on the form.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 300 respondents will take 1 hour and 48 minutes to complete the form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 540 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-12758 Filed 5-31-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P