This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 07/14/2016 at 08:45 am.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, HHS.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (the PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information (including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information) and to allow 60 days for public comment on the proposed action. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding our burden estimates or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments must be received by September 13, 2016.
When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the Start Printed Page 46081instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address: CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number ____, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of the following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This notice sets out a summary of the use and burden associated with the following information collections. More detailed information can be found in each collection's supporting statement and associated materials (see ADDRESSES).
CMS-339 Provider Cost Report Reimbursement Questionnaire
CMS-460 Medicare Participation Agreement for Physicians and Suppliers
Under the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA requires federal agencies to publish a 60-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Provider Cost Report Reimbursement Questionnaire; Use: The information collected in this form (Exhibits 1 and 2) is authorized under Sections 1815(a) and 1833(e) of the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. 1395g. Regulations at 42 CFR 413.20 and 413.24 require providers to submit financial and statistical records to verify the cost data disclosed on their annual Medicare cost report. Providers participating in the Medicare program are reimbursed for furnishing covered services to eligible beneficiaries on the basis of an annual cost report (filed with the provider's MAC) in which the proper reimbursement is computed. Consequently, it is necessary to collect this documentation of providers' costs and activities that supports the Medicare cost report data in order to ensure proper Medicare reimbursement to providers. Form Number: CMS-339 (OMB control number: 0938-0301); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Private sector (Business or other For-profits); Number of Respondents: 2,273; Total Annual Responses: 2,273; Total Annual Hours: 15,911. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Christine Dobrzycki at 410-786-3389.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Medicare Participation Agreement for Physicians and Suppliers; Use: Section 1842(h) of the Social Security Act permits physicians and suppliers to voluntarily participate in Medicare Part B by agreeing to take assignment on all claims for services to Medicare beneficiaries. The law also requires that the Secretary provide specific benefits to the physicians, suppliers and other persons who choose to participate. The CMS-460 is the agreement by which the physician or supplier elects to participate in Medicare. Form Number: CMS-460 (OMB control number: 0938-0373); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Private sector (Business or other For-profits); Number of Respondents: 120,000; Total Annual Responses: 120,000; Total Annual Hours: 30,000. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Mark Baldwin at 410-786-8139.)Start Signature
Dated: July 12, 2016.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2016-16797 Filed 7-14-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P