This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 07/19/2016 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment preceding submission of the collection to OMB.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to September 19, 2016.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Web: Persons with access to the Internet may comment on this notice by going to www.Regulations.gov. You can search for the document by entering “Docket Number: DOS-2016-0046” in the Search field. Then click the “Comment Now” button and complete the comment form.
- Email: PRA_BurdenComments@state.gov. You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and the OMB control number in any correspondence.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection Start Printed Page 47235instrument and supporting documents, to Andrea Lage, who may be reached at PRA_BurdenComments@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Application to Determine Returning Resident Status.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0091.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: CA/VO/L/R.
- Form Number: DS-0117.
- Respondents: Immigrant Visa Petitioners.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 4,400.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 4,400.
- Average Time per Response: 30 Minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 2,200 Hours.
- Frequency: Once.
- Obligation to respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection: Under INA Section 101(a)(27)(A)[8 U.S.C. 1101], Form DS-0117 is used by consular officers to determine the eligibility of an alien applicant for special immigrant status as a returning resident because he or she remained out of the United States for more than one year because of circumstances outside of his or her control.
Methodology: The DS-0117 is available online. Applicants will fill out the application online, print the form, and submit the DS-0117 during their interview at a Consular Post.Start Signature
Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2016-17144 Filed 7-19-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P