This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/01/2016 at 8:45 am.
Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Department of Defense (DoD).
DoD is making technical amendments to the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to provide needed editorial changes.
Effective August 2, 2016.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Jennifer L. Hawes, Defense Acquisition Regulations System, OUSD(AT&L)DPAP(DARS), Room 3B941, 3060 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3060. Telephone 571-372-6115; facsimile 571-372-6094.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This final rule amends the DFARS as follows—
1. Updates the direction to contracting officers at DFARS 245.402-70 to review the guidance in DFARS Procedures, Guidance, and Information (PGI) for oversight and surveillance of contractor-acquired property; and
2. In DFARS clause 252.225-7021, Trade Agreements-Alternate II, corrects paragraph (a) definition of “designated country” to include the country of Croatia. DFARS final rule 2013-D005, Clauses with Alternates—Foreign Acquisition, published at 79 FR 65816 on November 5, 2014, created separate prescriptions for each foreign-related basic clause and provision, as well as each of its alternate clauses and provisions. In addition, the rule stated the full text of each clause or provision alternate. In the restatement of the full text of DFARS 252.225-7021-Alternate II, the country of Croatia was inadvertently omitted.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR 245 and 252
- Government procurement
Jennifer L. Hawes,
Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations System.
Therefore, 48 CFR parts 245 and 252 are amended as follows:Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for 48 CFR parts 245 and 252 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 245—GOVERNMENT PROPERTYEnd Part Start Amendment Part
2. Revise section 245.402-70 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
Review the guidance at PGI 245.402-70 with regard to oversight and surveillance of contractor-acquired property.
PART 252—SOLICITATION PROVISIONS AND CONTRACT CLAUSES
3. Amend section 252.225-7021 by, in the Alternate II clause—End Amendment Part
a. Removing the clause date “(JUN 2016)” and adding “(AUG 2016)” in its place; and
b. In paragraph (a) definition of “designated country” in paragraph (i), adding, in alphabetical order, the country of “Croatia”.End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. 2016-17959 Filed 8-1-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-06-P