This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/01/2016 at 08:45 am.
Enforcement and Compliance, International Trade Administration, Department of Commerce.
The Department is rescinding the administrative review of the countervailing duty order on lightweight thermal paper from the People's Republic of China. The period of review is January 1, 2014, through December 31, 2014.
Effective August 2, 2016.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Sergio Balbontin at (202) 482-6478, AD/CVD Operations, Office I, Enforcement and Compliance, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, 1401 Constitution Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20230.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
On November 3, 2015, the Department of Commerce (Department) published a notice of opportunity to request an administrative review of the countervailing duty order on lightweight thermal paper (LWTP) from the People's Republic of China (PRC) for the period of review (POR) of January 1, 2014, through December 31, 2014. The Department received a timely-filed request from Appvion, Inc. (Appvion), in accordance with 19 CFR 351.213(b), for an administrative review. On February 9, 2016, the Department published a notice of initiation. On March 10, 2016, Jaan Huey Co., Ltd. (Jaan Huey), a company for which the Department initiated an administrative review, informed the Department that it would not participate in this administrative review. Subsequent to the Initiation Notice, the Department requested from U.S. Customs and Start Printed Page 50684Border Protection (CBP) data for U.S. imports of subject merchandise during the POR for the companies for which an administrative review was requested. The CBP data demonstrated that there were no entries of subject merchandise exported by these companies during the POR. The Department solicited interested party comments, and we received no comments.
Rescission of Review
It is the Department's practice to rescind an administrative review of a countervailing duty order, pursuant to 19 CFR 351.213(d)(3), when there are no reviewable entries of subject merchandise during the POR for which liquidation is suspended. Normally, upon completion of an administrative review, the suspended entries are liquidated at the countervailing duty assessment rate calculated for the review period. See 19 CFR 351.212(b)(l). Therefore, for an administrative review to be conducted, there must be a reviewable, suspended entry that the Department can order CBP to liquidate at the newly calculated countervailing duty assessment rate. Accordingly, in the absence of suspended entries of subject merchandise during the period of this administrative review (January 1, 2014, through December 31, 2014), we are now rescinding this administrative review of the countervailing duty order on LWTP from the PRC, pursuant to 19 CFR 351.213(d)(3).
This notice is issued and published pursuant to section 751 of the Tariff Act of 1930, as amended, and 19 CFR 351.213(d)(4).Start Signature
Dated: July 25, 2016.
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Operations.
1. See Antidumping or Countervailing Duty Order, Finding, or Suspended Investigation; Opportunity To Request Administrative Review, 80 FR 67706 (November 3, 2015).Back to Citation
2. See letter from Appvion, “Lightweight Thermal Paper From The People's Republic Of China: Request For Administrative Review,” date November 30, 2015.Back to Citation
3. See Initiation of Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Administrative Reviews, 81 FR 6832 (February 9, 2016) (Initiation Notice).Back to Citation
4. See letter from Jaan Huey, “Notice of Non-Participation in CVD Review: Annual Countervailing Duty Administrative Review of Lightweight Thermal Paper From the People's Republic of China,” dated March 10, 2016.Back to Citation
5. See Memorandum, “Administrative Review of Certain Lightweight Thermal Paper from the People's Republic of China: Request for U.S. Customs and Border Protection Data,” dated April 19, 2016.Back to Citation
6. Id.Back to Citation
7. Id.Back to Citation
[FR Doc. 2016-18302 Filed 8-1-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-DS-P