Department of Defense (DOD), General Services Administration (GSA), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Notice of request for public comments regarding an extension to an existing OMB clearance.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act, the Regulatory Secretariat Division will be submitting to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) a request to review and approve an extension of a previously approved information collection requirement concerning contractor use of interagency fleet management system vehicles. A notice was published in the Federal Register at 81 FR 28871 on May 10, 2016. No comments were received.
Submit comments on or before September 8, 2016.
Submit comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this burden to: Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs of OMB, Attention: Desk Officer for GSA, Room 10236, NEOB, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally submit a copy to GSA by any of the following methods:
Regulations.gov: http://www.regulations.gov. Submit comments via the Federal eRulemaking portal by searching the OMB control number. Select the link “Submit a Comment” that corresponds with “Information Collection 9000-0032, Contractor Use of Interagency Fleet Management System Vehicles”. Follow the instructions provided at the “Submit a Comment” screen. Please include your name, company name (if any), and “Information Collection 9000-0032, Contractor Use of Interagency Fleet Management System Vehicles” on your attached document.
Mail: General Services Administration, Regulatory Secretariat Division (MVCB), 1800 F Street NW., Washington, DC 20405. ATTN: Ms. Flowers/IC 9000-0032, Contractor Use of Interagency Fleet Management System Vehicles.
Instructions: Please submit comments only and cite Information Collection 9000-0032, Contractor Use of Interagency Fleet Management System Vehicles, in all correspondence related to this collection. Comments received generally will be posted without change to http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal and/or business confidential information provided. To confirm receipt of your comment(s), please check www.regulations.gov, approximately two to three days after submission to verify posting (except allow 30 days for posting of comments submitted by mail).
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Mahruba Uddowla, Procurement Analyst, Office of Governmentwide Acquisition Policy, GSA, 703-605-2868 or email at email@example.com.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
If it is in the best interest of the Government, the contracting officer may authorize cost-reimbursement contractors to obtain, for official purposes only, interagency fleet management system (IFMS) vehicles and related services. Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 51.205 and the clause at FAR 52.251-2, Interagency Fleet Management System (IFMS) Vehicles and Related Services, are to be used in solicitations and contracts when a cost reimbursement contract is contemplated and the contracting officer may authorize the contractor to use IFMS vehicles and related services.Start Printed Page 52692
Before a contracting officer may authorize cost-reimbursement contractors to obtain IFMS vehicles and related services, the contracting officer must have, among other requirements:
- A written statement that the contractor will assume, without the right of reimbursement from the Government, the cost or expense of any use of the IFMS vehicles and services not related to the performance of the contract;
- Evidence that the contractor has obtained motor vehicle liability insurance covering bodily injury and property damage, with limits of liability as required or approved by the agency, protecting the contractor and the Government against third-party claims arising from the ownership, maintenance, or use of an IFMS vehicle; and
- Considered any recommendations of the contractor. The information is used by the Government to determine whether it is in the Government's best interest to authorize a cost-reimbursement contractor, for official purposes only, to use IFMS vehicles and related services.
Authorized contractors shall submit requests for IFMS vehicles and related services in writing to the appropriate GSA point of contact in accordance with the FAR. Contractors' requests for vehicles or related services must include:
- Two copies of the agency authorization;
- The number of vehicles and related services required and period of use;
- A list of employees who are authorized to request the vehicles or related services;
- A listing of equipment authorized to be serviced; and
- Billing instructions and address.
B. Annual Reporting Burden
Responses per Respondent: 1.0.
Total Annual Responses: 132.
Hours per Response: 1.0.
Total Burden Hours: 132.
Obtaining Copies of Proposals: Requesters may obtain a copy of the information collection documents from the General Services Administration, Regulatory Secretariat Division (MVCB), 1800 F Street NW., Washington, DC 20405, telephone 202-501-4755. Please cite OMB Control No. 9000-0032, Contractor Use of Interagency Fleet Management System Vehicles, in all correspondence.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 4, 2016.
Lorin S. Curit,
Director, Federal Acquisition Policy Division, Office of Governmentwide Acquisition Policy, Office of Acquisition Policy, Office of Governmentwide Policy.
[FR Doc. 2016-18817 Filed 8-8-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6820-EP-P