This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/10/2016 at 11:15 am.
United States Commission on Civil Rights.
Notice of Commission Business Meeting.
Friday, August 19, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. EST.
National Place Building, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., 11th Floor, Suite 1150, Washington, DC 20245 (Entrance on F Street NW.).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Brian Walch, Communications and Public Engagement Director. Telephone: (202) 376-8371; TTY: (202) 376-8116; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This business meeting is open to the public. If you would like to listen to the business meeting, please contact the above for the call-in information.
Hearing-impaired persons who will attend the briefing and require the services of a sign language interpreter should contact Juanda Smith at (202) 376-8105 or at email@example.com at least seven business days before the scheduled date of the meeting.
I. Approval of Agenda
II. Business Meeting
A. Program Planning
- Discussion and vote on Commission statement concerning recent settlement requiring Texas to issue birth certificates to U.S. citizen children of undocumented immigrants.
- Discussion and vote on Commission statement commemorating the first Asian American Member of Congress, Dalip Singh Saund.
- Discussion and vote on Commission statement concerning the 100th Anniversary of the first female elected to Congress.
- Discussion and vote on Commission Press Release on USCCR Report on Peaceful Coexistence.
- Discussion and vote on Commission Press Release on Selection of Women in Prison as topic for 2017 Statutory Enforcement report.
- Discussion and vote on Commission statement concerning U.S. Supreme Court's decision in G.G. v. Gloucester County School Board.
- Discussion and vote on a letter to the Department of Education and Department of Justice Re: The Oklahoma State Advisory Committee's Report “Civil Rights and the School-to-Prison Pipeline in Oklahoma.”Start Printed Page 53403
B. State Advisory Committees
- Presentation by North Carolina State Advisory Committee (SAC) Chair Matty Lazo-Chadderton on Civil Rights and Environmental Justice in North Carolina.
- State Advisory Committee Appointments
- North Carolina
- District of Columbia
C. Management and Operations
- Discussion and Vote on Commission 2017 Business Meeting Calendar.
- Discussion on 2017 Commemoration of 60th Anniversary of USCCR.
- Staff Director's Report.
III. Adjourn MeetingStart Signature
Dated: August 9, 2016.
Director of Communications & Public Engagement, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.
[FR Doc. 2016-19311 Filed 8-10-16; 11:15 am]
BILLING CODE 6335-01-P