This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/30/2016 at 08:45 am.
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until October 31, 2016.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Kenneth Mason, Firearms and Explosives Services Specialist, National Firearms Act Branch, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection (check justification or form OMB 83-I): Revision of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Application and Permit for Permanent Exportation of Firearms (National Firearms Act).
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number (if applicable): ATF F 9 (5320.9).
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other (if applicable): Individuals or households.
Abstract: ATF Form 9 (5320.9) is typically used by a Federal firearms licensee who has paid the special (occupational) tax to deal, manufacture or import NFA firearms. The form must be filed (in quadruplicate) for approval to permanently export NFA firearms registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record. Once authorization has been granted, one copy is retained by ATF and the remaining copies returned to the exporter to establish that the exportation took place and claim relief from liability for the transfer tax.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 1,339 respondents will take 18 minutes to respond.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 401 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 25, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-20915 Filed 8-30-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P