This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/31/2016 at 08:45 am.
Pursuant to Section 11A(a)(3) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (“Exchange Act”)  and Rule 608 thereunder, notice is hereby given that on August 5, 2016 Investors Exchange LLC (“IEX” or “Exchange”) filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“Commission”)  an amendment to the Plan to Implement a Tick Size Pilot Program (“Plan”). The amendment adds IEX as a Participant  to the Plan. The Commission is publishing this notice to solicit comments on the amendment from interested persons.
I. Description and Purpose of the Plan Amendment
As noted above, the sole proposed amendment to the Plan is to add the Exchange as a Participant. On June 17, 2016, the Commission issued an order granting IEX's application for registration as a national securities exchange. A condition of the Commission's approval was the requirement for IEX to join the Plan.
Under Section II(C) of the Plan, any entity registered as a national securities exchange or national securities association under the Exchange Act may become a Participant by: (1) Executing a copy of the Plan, as then in effect; (2) providing each then-current Participant with a copy of such executed Plan; and (3) effecting an amendment to the Plan as specified in Section III(B) of the Plan. Section III(B) of the Plan sets forth the process for a prospective new Participant to effect an amendment of the Plan. Specifically, the Plan provides that such an amendment to the Plan may be effected by the new national securities exchange or national securities association by executing a copy of the Plan as then in effect (with the only change being the addition of the new Participant's name in Section II(A) of the Plan); and submitting such executed Plan to the Commission. The amendment will be effective when it is approved by the Commission in accordance with Rule 608 of Regulation NMS, or otherwise becomes effective pursuant to Rule 608 of Regulation NMS.
IEX has executed a copy of the Plan currently in effect, with the only change being the addition of its name in Section II(A) of the Plan, and has provided a copy of the Plan executed by IEX to each of the other Participants. IEX has also submitted the executed Plan to the Commission. Accordingly, all of the Plan requirements for effecting an amendment to the Plan to add IEX as a Participant have been satisfied.
II. Effectiveness of the Proposed Plan Amendment
The foregoing Plan amendment has become effective pursuant to Rule 608(b)(3)(iii) of the Exchange Act  because it involves solely technical or ministerial matters. At any time within sixty days of the filing of this amendment, the Commission may summarily abrogate the amendment and require that it be refiled pursuant to paragraph (a)(1) of Rule 608, if it appears to the Commission that such action is necessary or appropriate in the public interest, for the protection of investors, or the maintenance of fair and orderly markets, to remove impediments to, and perfect the mechanisms of, a national market system or otherwise in furtherance of the purposes of the Exchange Act.
III. Solicitation of Comments
Interested persons are invited to submit written data, views and arguments concerning the foregoing, including whether the amendment is consistent with the Exchange Act. Comments may be submitted by any of the following methods:
- Use the Commission's Internet comment form (http://www.sec.gov/rules/sro.shtml); or
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include File Number 4-657 on the subject line.
- Send paper comments in triplicate to Brent J. Fields, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street NE., Washington, DC 20549-1090.
All submissions should refer to File Number 4-657.This file number should be included on the subject line if email is used. To help the Commission process and review your comments more efficiently, please use only one method. The Commission will post all comments on the Commission's Internet Web site (http://www.sec.gov/rules/sro.shtml). Copies of the submission, all subsequent amendments, all written statements with respect to the proposed plan amendment that are filed with the Commission, and all written communications relating to the amendment between the Commission and any person, other than those that may be withheld from the public in accordance with the provisions of 5 U.S.C. 552, will be available for Web site viewing and printing in the Commission's Public Reference Room, 100 F Street NE., Washington, DC 20549, on official business days between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Copies of such filing also will be available for inspection and copying at the principal office of IEX. All comments received will be posted without change; the Commission does not edit personal identifying information from submissions. You should submit only information that you wish to make available publicly. All submissions should refer to File Number 4-657 and should be submitted on or before September 22, 2016.Start Signature
By the Commission.
Brent J. Fields,
3. See Letter from Claudia Crowley, Chief Regulatory Officer, Investors Exchange LLC, to Brent J. Fields, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, dated August 5, 2016.Back to Citation
4. On May 6, 2015, the Commission issued an order approving the Plan, as modified by the Commission, to be implemented within one year after the date of publication of the Order for a two-year Pilot Period (the “Approval Order”). See Securities Exchange Act Release No. 74892 (May 6, 2015), 80 FR 27513 (May 13, 2015). Thereafter, in November 2015, the Commission issued an order granting the Participants an exemption from implementing the Plan until October 3, 2016. See Securities Exchange Act Release No. 76382 (November 6, 2015), 80 FR 70284 (November 13, 2015).Back to Citation
5. The term “Participant” is defined as a party to the Plan.Back to Citation
6. See Securities Exchange Act Release No. 78101 (June 17, 2016), 81 FR 41141 (June 23, 2016).Back to Citation
[FR Doc. 2016-21023 Filed 8-31-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 8011-01-P