This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 09/08/2016 at 08:45 am.
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until November 8, 2016.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Gerry Lynn Brovey, Supervisory Information Liaison Specialist, FBI, CJIS, Resources Management Section, Administrative Unit, Module C-2, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, West Virginia, 26306 (facsimile: 304-625-5093).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the Start Printed Page 62536public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Applicant Information Form.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: 1-783.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals. This collection is necessary for individuals to request a copy of their personal identification record to review it or to obtain a change, correction, or an update to the record.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: Annually, the FBI receives 275,000 identification requests, therefore there are 275,000 respondents. The form requires 3 minutes to complete.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 13,750 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: September 6, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-21694 Filed 9-8-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P