Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Renewal of existing information collection; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment on the renewal of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for an existing collection of information. The information collection is entitled, NRC Form 850A, “Request for NRC Contractor Building Access Authorization,” NRC Form 850B, “Request for NRC Contractor Information Technology Access Authorization,” and NRC Form 850C, “Request for NRC Contractor Security Clearance.”
Submit comments by November 8, 2016. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0064. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-415-3463; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
Mail comments to: David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Mail Stop: T-5 F53, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on obtaining information and submitting comments, see “Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2016-0064 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0064.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing ADAMS Accession No. ML16173A274. The supporting statement for NRC Form 850A, NRC Form 850B, and NRC Form 850C, is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML16173A283.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2094; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2016-0064 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS, and the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.Start Printed Page 62547
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC is requesting public comment on its intention to request the OMB's approval for the information collection summarized below.
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 850A, “Request for NRC Contractor Building Access,” NRC Form 850B, “Request for NRC Contractor Information Technology Access Authorization,” and NRC Form 850C, “Request for NRC Contractor Security Clearance.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0218.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number, if applicable: NRC Form 850A, NRC Form 850B, and NRC Form 850C.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: On Occasion.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: NRC contractors, subcontractors and other individuals who are not NRC employees.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 500.
8. The estimated number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 85.
9. Abstract: Part 10 of title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations, “Criteria and Procedures for Determining Eligibility for Access to Restricted Data or National Security Information or an Employment Clearance,” establishes requirements that individuals requiring an access authorization and/or employment clearance must have an investigation of their background. NRC Forms 850A, 850B, and 850C will be used by the NRC to obtain information on the NRC's contractors, subcontractors, and other individuals who are not NRC employees and require access to the NRC buildings, IT systems, sensitive information, sensitive unclassified information, or classified information.
III. Specific Requests for Comments
The NRC is seeking comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the estimate of the burden of the information collection accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection on respondents be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
End Supplemental Information
Dated: September 2, 2016.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2016-21770 Filed 9-8-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P