This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 09/29/2016 at 08:45 am.
Office of Justice Programs, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This collection was previously published in the Federal Register at 81 FR 51212, on August 3, 2016, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until October 31, 2016.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact C. Casto at 1-202-353-7193, Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 7th Street NW., Washington, DC 20531 or by email at Chris.Casto@usdoj.gov. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be sent to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;Start Printed Page 67391
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and/or
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension, without change, of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Bulletproof Vest Partnership Application.
3. The agency form number: None. Bureau of Justice Assistance, United States Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Jurisdictions and law enforcement agencies with armor vest needs.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that no more than 4,500 respondents will apply each year. Each application takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 4,500 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: September 27, 2016.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2016-23705 Filed 9-29-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-P