Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled September 11th Day of Service and Remembrance (September 11) and Martin Luther King Jr Day of Service (MLK) Application Instructions for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Patti Stengel, at 202-606-6745 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, within November 10, 2016.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: 202-395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; or
(2) By email to:
Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
A 60-day Notice requesting public comment was published in the Federal Register on July 12, 2016 at Vol. 81 No. 133 FR 45135. This comment period ended September 12, 2016. No public comments were received from this Notice.
Description: Applicants for MLK Day and September 11 will submit an application following the application instructions. Applicants may apply for MLK Day, September 11, or both. The application is required to be considered for grant funding support from MLK Day or September 11. CNCS will use the information collection to select grantee organizations through a competitive process.
Type of Review: New.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Day of Service Application Instructions.
OMB Number: TBD.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: The public affected are applicant organizations for September 11 and MLK Day of Service.
Total Respondents: 70.
Frequency: At most, the frequency is annual. The Day of Service competition will result in three year grants. Awarded applicants will also use these instructions to apply annually for continuation funding.
Average Time per Response: 20 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 1,400 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: October 4, 2016.
Chief of Program Operations.
[FR Doc. 2016-24403 Filed 10-7-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-28-P