Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, HHS.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (the PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information (including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information) and to allow 60 days for public comment on the proposed action. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding our burden estimates or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments must be received by December 13, 2016.
When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address: CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number __, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This notice sets out a summary of the use and burden associated with the Start Printed Page 71103following information collections. More detailed information can be found in each collection's supporting statement and associated materials (see ADDRESSES).
CMS-2744 End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Medical Information Facility Survey
Under the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA requires federal agencies to publish a 60-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a previously approved collection; Title of Information Collection: End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Medical Information Facility Survey; Use: The ESRD Program Management and Medical Information System (PMMIS) Facility Certification/Survey Record contains provider-specific and aggregate patient population data on beneficiaries treated by that provider obtained from the Annual Facility Survey form (CMS-2744). The Facility Certification portion of the record captures certification and other information about ESRD facilities approved by Medicare to provide kidney dialysis and transplant services. The Facility Survey portion of the record captures activities performed during the calendar year as well as aggregate year-end population counts for both Medicare beneficiaries and non-Medicare patients. The survey includes the collection on hemodialysis patients dialyzing more than 4 times per week, vocational rehabilitation and staffing. The aggregate patient information is collected from each Medicare-approved provider of dialysis and kidney transplant services. The information is used to assess and evaluate the local, regional and national levels of medical and social impact of ESRD care and is used extensively by researchers and suppliers of services for trend analysis. Form Number: CMS-2744 (OMB Control Number: 0938-0447); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Business or other for-profit, Not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 5,964; Total Annual Responses: 5,964; Total Annual Hours: 47,712. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Renee Dupee at 410-786-6747)
End Supplemental Information
Dated: October 7, 2016.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2016-24813 Filed 10-13-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P