This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 10/17/2016 at 08:45 am.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
NASA is making technical amendments to the NASA FAR Supplement (NFS) to provide needed editorial changes.
Effective: October 18, 2016.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Manuel Quinones, NASA, Office of Procurement, Contract and Grant Policy Division, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone (202) 358-2143.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
As part of NASA's retrospective review of existing regulations NASA is conducting periodic reviews of the NASA FAR Supplement (NFS) to ensure the accuracy of information disseminated to the acquisition community. This rule makes administrative changes to the NFS to correct typographical errors as well as inadvertent omissions from prior rulemaking actions. A summary of changes follows:
- Section 1816.406-70(c) is revised to correct a typographical error.
- Section 1823.7001(c) is revised by replacing the word “clause” with the word “provision.”
- Section 1832.908 is revised to add a clause prescription inadvertently omitted.
- Section 1845.107-70(e) is revised to replace the word “property” with “equipment” and paragraph (m) is revised to replace the term “NASA owned property” with “NASA real property.”
- Section 1852.217-72 is revised to correct the clause date.
- Section 1852.223-73 is revised to replace the word “clause” with the word “provision.”
- Section 1852.231-71 is revised to correct the clause date.
List of Subject in 48 CFR Parts 1816, 1823, 1832, 1845, and 1852
- Government procurement
NASA FAR Supplement Manager.
Accordingly, 48 CFR parts 1816, 1823, 1832, 1845, and 1852 are amended as follows:Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for parts 1816, 1823, 1832, and 1852 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1816—TYPES OF CONTRACTS
2. Amend section 1816.406-70(e) by removing the words “in cost an award fee” and adding “in award fee” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1823—ENVIRONMENT, ENERGY AND WATER EFFICIENCY, RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES, OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY, AND DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
3. Amend section 1823.7001(c) by removing the word “clause” and adding word “provision” wherever it occurs.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1832—CONTRACT FINANCINGEnd Part Start Amendment Part
4. Amend section 1832.908 by adding paragraph (c)(2) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(c)(2) When the clause at FAR 52.232-25, Prompt Payment, is used in such contracts with the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC), insert “17th” in lieu of “30th” in paragraphs (a)(1)(i)(A) and (B) and (a)(1)(ii).
PART 1845—GOVERNMENT PROPERTYEnd Part Start Amendment Part
5. The authority citation for part 1845 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
6. Amend section 1845.107-70—End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. In paragraph (e) introductory text, by removing “Government Property” and adding “Government Equipment” in its place; andEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. In paragraph (m), by removing “NASA owned property” and adding “NASA real property” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1852—SOLICITATION PROVISIONS AND CONTRACT CLAUSES
7. Amend section 1852.217-72 by removing “MAY 2000” and adding “NOV 2011” in its place.End Amendment Part
8. Amend section 1852.223-73 by removing the word “clause” and adding in its place the word “provision” wherever it occurs.End Amendment Part
9. Amend section 1852.231-71 by removing “MAR 1994” and adding “APR 2015” in its place.End Amendment Part End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. 2016-25014 Filed 10-17-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7510-13-P