This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 10/20/2016 at 08:45 am.
Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Department of Defense (DoD).
DoD is making technical amendments to the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to provide needed editorial changes.
Effective October 21, 2016.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Jennifer L. Hawes, Defense Acquisition Regulations System, OUSD (AT&L) DPAP (DARS), Room 3B941, 3060 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3060. Telephone 571-372-6115; facsimile 571-372-6094.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This final rule amends the DFARS as follows—
1. Provides direction to contracting officers at DFARS 204.270-2(c) to follow the procedures at DFARS Procedures, Guidance, and Information (PGI) 204.270-2(c) regarding the creation and processing of contract deficiency reports;
2. Corrects a reference at DFARS 246.870-2(a)(2) to the clause at 252.246-7008, Sources of Electronic Parts; and
3. Corrects a reference at DFARS 252.246-7008(b)(3)(i) to another paragraph of the clause.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR 204, 246, and 252
- Government procurement
Jennifer L. Hawes,
Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations System.
Therefore, 48 CFR parts 204, 246, and 252 are amended as follows:Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for 48 CFR parts 204, 246, and 252 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 204—ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS
2. Amend section 204.270-2 by—End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. Redesignating the introductory text as paragraph (b);End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. In the newly redesignated paragraph (b), removing “contract documents” and adding “contract documents and data” in its place; andEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
c. Adding paragraph (c).End Amendment Part
The addition reads as follows:
(c) The procedures at PGI 204.270-2(c) provide details on the creation and processing of contract deficiency reports, which are used to correct problems with contracts distributed in EDA.
PART 246—QUALITY ASSURANCE
3. Amend section 204.870-2(a)(2) introductory text by removing “(b)(3)(ii) through (b)(3)(iv)” and adding “(b)(3)(ii)” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 252—SOLICITATION PROVISIONS AND CONTRACT CLAUSES
4. Amend section 252.246-7008 by—End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. Removing the clause date “(AUG 2016)” and adding “(OCT 2016)” in its place; andEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. In paragraph (b)(3)(i) introductory text, removing “paragraphs (b)(3)(ii) through (b)(3)(iv)” and adding “paragraph (b)(3)(ii)” in its place.End Amendment Part End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. 2016-25425 Filed 10-20-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-06-P