This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/23/2016 at 08:45 am.
Food and Drug Administration, HHS.
Notice of availability.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA, the Agency, or we) is announcing the availability of a revised draft guidance for industry on generic cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride extended release capsules, entitled “Draft Guidance on Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride.” The recommendations provide specific guidance on the design Start Printed Page 85230of bioequivalence (BE) studies to support abbreviated new drug applications (ANDAs) for cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride extended release capsules.
Although you can comment on any guidance at any time (see 21 CFR 10.115(g)(5)), to ensure that the Agency considers your comments on this draft guidance before it begins work on the final version of the guidance, submit either electronic or written comments on the draft guidance by January 24, 2017.
You may submit comments as follows:
Submit electronic comments in the following way:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: https://www.regulations.gov/. Follow the instructions for submitting comments. Comments submitted electronically, including attachments, to https://www.regulations.gov/ will be posted to the docket unchanged. Because your comment will be made public, you are solely responsible for ensuring that your comment does not include any confidential information that you or a third party may not wish to be posted, such as medical information, your or anyone else's Social Security number, or confidential business information, such as a manufacturing process. Please note that if you include your name, contact information, or other information that identifies you in the body of your comments, that information will be posted on https://www.regulations.gov/.
- If you want to submit a comment with confidential information that you do not wish to be made available to the public, submit the comment as a written/paper submission and in the manner detailed (see “Written/Paper Submissions” and “Instructions”).
Submit written/paper submissions as follows:
- Mail/Hand delivery/Courier (for written/paper submissions): Division of Dockets Management (HFA-305), Food and Drug Administration, 5630 Fishers Lane, Rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.
- For written/paper comments submitted to the Division of Dockets Management, FDA will post your comment, as well as any attachments, except for information submitted, marked and identified, as confidential, if submitted as detailed in “Instructions.”
Instructions: All submissions received must include the Docket No. FDA-2007-D-0369 for “Bioequivalence Recommendations for Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride; Revised Draft Guidance for Industry; Availability.” Received comments will be placed in the docket and, except for those submitted as “Confidential Submissions,” will be publicly viewable at https://www.regulations.gov/ or at the Division of Dockets Management between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Confidential Submissions—To submit a comment with confidential information that you do not wish to be made publicly available, submit your comments only as a written/paper submission. You should submit two copies total. One copy will include the information you claim to be confidential with a heading or cover note that states “THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.” The Agency will review this copy, including the claimed confidential information, in its consideration of comments. The second copy, which will have the claimed confidential information redacted/blacked out, will be available for public viewing and posted on https://www.regulations.gov/. Submit both copies to the Division of Dockets Management. If you do not wish your name and contact information to be made publicly available, you can provide this information on the cover sheet and not in the body of your comments and you must identify this information as “confidential.” Any information marked as “confidential” will not be disclosed except in accordance with 21 CFR 10.20 and other applicable disclosure law. For more information about FDA's posting of comments to public dockets, see 80 FR 56469, September 18, 2015, or access the information at: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-09-18/pdf/2015-23389.pdf.
Docket: For access to the docket to read background documents or the electronic and written/paper comments received, go to https://www.regulations.gov/ and insert the docket number, found in brackets in the heading of this document, into the “Search” box and follow the prompts and/or go to the Division of Dockets Management, 5630 Fishers Lane, Rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.
Submit written requests for single copies of the draft guidance to the Division of Drug Information, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 10001 New Hampshire Ave., Hillandale Building, 4th Floor, Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002. Send one self-addressed adhesive label to assist that office in processing your requests. See the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section for electronic access to the draft guidance document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Xiaoqiu Tang, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 10903 New Hampshire Ave., Bldg. 75, Rm. 4730, Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002, 301-796-5850.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In the Federal Register of June 11, 2010 (75 FR 33311), FDA announced the availability of a guidance for industry entitled “Bioequivalence Recommendations for Specific Products,” which explained the process that would be used to make product-specific BE recommendations available to the public on FDA's Web site at http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/default.htm.
As described in that guidance, FDA adopted this process to develop and disseminate product-specific BE recommendations and to provide a meaningful opportunity for the public to consider and comment on those recommendations. This notice announces the availability of revised draft BE recommendations for generic cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride extended release capsules.
FDA initially approved new drug application 021777 for AMRIX (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) extended release capsules in February 2007. In August 2008, FDA issued a draft guidance for industry on BE recommendations for generic cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride extended release capsules. We are now issuing a revised draft guidance for industry on BE recommendations for generic cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride extended release capsules (“Draft Guidance on Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride”).
In June 2016, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries, Ltd. and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Teva Pharmaceuticals International GmbH, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., Teva Sales and Marketing, Inc., Teva Branded Pharmaceutical Products R&D, Inc., and Cephalon, Inc., submitted a citizen petition requesting that FDA take several actions with respect to ANDAs for cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride extended release oral capsules, including regarding the demonstration of BE for any ANDA referencing AMRIX. FDA has reviewed the issues raised in this citizen petition and is responding to the citizen petition separately in the docket for that citizen Start Printed Page 85231petition (Docket No. FDA-2016-P-1873, available at https://www.regulations.gov/).
This revised draft guidance is being issued consistent with FDA's good guidance practices regulation (21 CFR 10.115). The draft guidance, when finalized, will represent the current thinking of FDA on the design of BE studies to support ANDAs for cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride extended release capsules. It does not establish any rights for any person and is not binding on FDA or the public. You can use an alternative approach if it satisfies the requirements of the applicable statutes and regulations.
II. Electronic Access
Persons with access to the Internet may obtain the revised draft guidance at either http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/default.htm or https://www.regulations.gov/.Start Signature
Dated: November 18, 2016.
Associate Commissioner for Policy.
[FR Doc. 2016-28334 Filed 11-23-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4164-01-P