U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
60-Day notice of information collection for review; Forms No. 73-028; ICE Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE); OMB Control No. 1653-0048.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE) is submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published in the Federal Register to Start Printed Page 85625obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until January 27, 2017.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), PRA Clearance Officer, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 801 I Street NW., Mailstop 5800, Washington, DC 20536-5800.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension, without changes, of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE) Self-Assessment Questionnaire.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: ICE Form 73-028; U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit; Not-for-profit institutions. The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE) program is the outreach and education component of the Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Worksite Enforcement (WSE) program. IMAGE is designed to build cooperative relationships with the private sector to enhance compliance with immigration laws and reduce the number of unauthorized aliens within the American workforce. Under this program ICE will partner with businesses representing a cross-section of industries. A business will initially complete and prepare an IMAGE application so that ICE can properly evaluate the company for inclusion in the IMAGE program. The information provided by the company plays a vital role in determining its suitability for the program. While 8 U.S.C. 1324(a) makes it illegal to knowingly employ a person who is not in the U.S. legally, there is no requirement for any entity in the private sector to participate in the program and the information obtained from the company should also be available to the public.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 100 responses at 90 minutes (1.5 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 150 annual burden hours.
Dated: November 22, 2016.
PRA Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2016-28484 Filed 11-25-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P