This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/02/2016 at 08:45 am.
Pursuant to Section 11A(a)(3) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (“Act”)  and Rule 608 thereunder, notice is hereby given that on November 4, 2016, Investors Exchange, LLC (“IEX” or “Exchange”) filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“Commission”) an amendment to the National Market System Plan for the Selection and Reservation of Securities Symbols (“Symbology Plan” or “Plan”). The amendment proposes to add IEX as a party to the Symbology Plan. The Commission is publishing this notice to solicit comments on the proposed amendment from interested persons.
I. Description and Purpose of the Amendment
The current parties to the Symbology Plan are BATS Exchange, Inc. (“BATS”), NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. (“BX”), BOX Options Exchange, LLC (“BOX”), Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated (“CBOE”), CHX, EDGA Exchange, Inc. (“EDGA”), EDGX Exchange, Inc. (“EDGX”), FINRA, the International Securities Exchange, LLC (“ISE”), Nasdaq, New York Stock Exchange, LLC (“NYSE”), NYSE MKT LLC (“NYSE MKT”), and NYSE Arca, Inc. (“NYSE Arca”), NSX and Phlx. Start Printed Page 87646The proposed amendment to the Symbology Plan would add IEX as a party to the Symbology Plan. A self-regulatory organization (“SRO”) may become a party to the Symbology Plan if it satisfies the requirements of Section I(c) of the Plan. Specifically, an SRO may become a party to the Symbology Plan if: (i) It maintains a market for the listing or trading of Plan Securities  in accordance with rules approved by the Commission; (ii) it signs a current copy of the Plan; and (iii) it pays to the other parties a proportionate share of the aggregate development costs, based upon the number of symbols reserved by the new party during the first twelve (12) months of such party's membership.
IEX has submitted a signed copy of the Symbology Plan to the Commission in accordance with the requirement set forth in the Symbology Plan regarding new parties to the plan. Additionally, IEX represented that it maintains a market for the listing or trading of Plan Securities. Finally, IEX has agreed to pay all costs required by IEX pursuant to the Symbology Plan, including its proportionate share of the aggregate development costs previously paid by the other parties to the Processor.
II. Effectiveness of the Proposed Symbology Plan Amendment
The foregoing proposed Symbology Plan amendment has become effective pursuant to Rule 608(b)(3)(iii)  because it involves solely technical or ministerial matters. At any time within sixty days of the filing of the amendment, the Commission may summarily abrogate the amendment and require that it be refiled pursuant to paragraph (b)(1) of Rule 608, if it appears to the Commission that such action is necessary or appropriate in the public interest, for the protection of investors or the maintenance of fair and orderly markets, to remove impediments to, and perfect the mechanisms of, a national market system or otherwise in furtherance of the purposes of the Act.
III. Solicitation of Comments
Interested persons are invited to submit written data, views, and arguments concerning the foregoing, including whether the Amendment is consistent with the Act. Comments may be submitted by any of the following methods:
- Use the Commission's Internet comment form (http://www.sec.gov/rules/sro.shtml); or
- Send an email to email@example.com. Please include File Number 4-533 on the subject line.
- Send paper comments in triplicate to Brent J. Fields, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street NE., Washington, DC 20549-1090.
All submissions should refer to File Number 4-533. This file number should be included on the subject line if email is used. To help the Commission process and review your comments more efficiently, please use only one method. The Commission will post all comments on the Commission's Internet Web site (http://www.sec.gov/rules/sro.shtml). Copies of the submission, all subsequent amendments, all written statements with respect to the Plan that are filed with the Commission, and all written communications relating to the Plan between the Commission and any person, other than those that may be withheld from the public in accordance with the provisions of 5 U.S.C. 552, will be available for Web site viewing and printing in the Commission's Public Reference Room, 100 F Street NE., Washington, DC 20549 on official business days between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Copies of such filing also will be available for inspection and copying at the Parties' principal offices. All comments received will be posted without change; the Commission does not edit personal identifying information from submissions. You should submit only information that you wish to make available publicly. All submissions should refer to File Number 4-533, and should be submitted on or before December 27, 2016.Start Signature
By the Commission.
Robert W. Errett,
3. On November 6, 2008, the Commission approved the Symbology Plan that was originally proposed by the Chicago Stock Exchange, Inc. (“CHX”), The Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. (n/k/a The Nasdaq Stock Market LLC) (“Nasdaq”), National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc. (“NASD”) (n/k/a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (“FINRA”)), National Stock Exchange, Inc. (“NSX”), and Philadelphia Stock Exchange, Inc. (“Phlx”), subject to certain changes. See Securities Exchange Act Release No. 58904, 73 FR 67218 (November 13, 2008) (File No. 4-533).Back to Citation
4. On November 18, 2008, ISE filed with the Commission an amendment to the Plan to add ISE as a member to the Plan. See Securities and Exchange Act Release No. 59024 (November 26, 2008), 73 FR 74538 (December 8, 2008) (File No. 4-533). On December 22, 2008, NYSE, NYSE Arca, and NYSE Alternext (n/k/a NYSE MKT) (“NYSE Group Exchanges”), and CBOE filed with the Commission amendments to the Plan to add the NYSE Group Exchanges and CBOE as members to the Plan. See Securities Exchange Act Release No. 59162 (December 24, 2008), 74 FR 132 (January 2, 2009) (File No. 4-533). On December 24, 2008, BSE (n/k/a BX) filed with the Commission an amendment to the Plan to add BSE as a member to the Plan. See Securities Exchange Act Release No. 59187 (December 30, 2008), 74 FR 729 (January 7, 2009) (File No. 4-533). On September 30, 2009, BATS filed with the Commission an amendment to the Plan to add BATS as a member to the Plan. See Securities Exchange Act Release No. 60856 (October 21, 2009), 74 FR 55276 (October 27, 2009) (File No. 4-533). On July 7, 2010, EDGA and EDGX filed with the Commission an amendment to the Plan to add EDGA and EDGX, each as a party to the Symbology Plan. See Securities Exchange Act Release No. 62573 (July 26, 2010), 75 FR 45682 (August 3, 2010) (File No. 4-533). On May 7, 2012, BOX filed with the Commission an amendment to the Plan to add BOX as a member to the Plan. See Securities and Exchange Act Release No. 34-66957 (May 10, 2012), 77 FR 28904 (May 16, 2012).Back to Citation
5. “Plan Securities” are defined in the Symbology Plan as securities that: (i) Are NMS securities as currently defined in Rule 600(a)(46) under the Act; and (ii) any other equity securities quoted, traded and/or trade reported through an SRO facility.Back to Citation
6. Sections I(c) and V(a) of the Plan.Back to Citation
[FR Doc. 2016-29043 Filed 12-2-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 8011-01-P