Start Printed Page 89930
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA is announcing its receipt of information submitted pursuant to a rule, order, or consent agreement issued under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). As required by TSCA, this document identifies each chemical substance and/or mixture for which information has been received; the uses or intended uses of such chemical substance and/or mixture; and describes the nature of the information received. Each chemical substance and/or mixture related to this announcement is identified in Unit I. under SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
For technical information contact: Hannah Braun, Chemical Control Division (7405M), Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (202) 564-5614; email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information contact: The TSCA-Hotline, ABVI-Goodwill, 422 South Clinton Ave., Rochester, NY 14620; telephone number: (202) 554-1404; email address: TSCA-Hotline@epa.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Chemical Substances and/or Mixtures
Information received about the following chemical substances and/or mixtures is identified in Unit IV.:
A. Ethanedioic acid (CASRN 144-62-7).
B. Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane (D4) (CASRN 556-67-2).
Section 4(d) of TSCA (15 U.S.C. 2603(d)) requires EPA to publish a notice in the Federal Register reporting the receipt of information submitted pursuant to a rule, order, or consent agreement promulgated under TSCA section 4 (15 U.S.C. 2603).
III. Docket Information
A docket, identified by the docket identification (ID) number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2013-0677, has been established for this Federal Register document, which announces the receipt of the information. Upon EPA's completion of its quality assurance review, the information received will be added to the docket identified in Unit IV., which represents the docket used for the TSCA section 4 rule, order, and/or consent agreement. In addition, once completed, EPA reviews of the information received will be added to the same docket. Use the docket ID number provided in Unit IV. to access the information received and any available EPA review.
EPA's dockets are available electronically at http://www.regulations.gov or in person at the Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics Docket (OPPT Docket), Environmental Protection Agency Docket Center (EPA/DC), West William Jefferson Clinton Bldg., Rm. 3334, 1301 Constitution Ave. NW., Washington, DC. The Public Reading Room is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The telephone number for the Public Reading Room is (202) 566-1744, and the telephone number for the OPPT Docket is (202) 566-0280. Please review the visitor instructions and additional information about the docket available at http://www.epa.gov/dockets.
IV. Information Received
As specified by TSCA section 4(d), this unit identifies the information received by EPA.
A. Ethanedioic Acid (CASRN 144-62-7)
1. Chemical Uses: Ethanedioic acid is used as a rust remover; in antirust metal cleaners and coatings; as a flame-proofing and cross-linking agent in cellulose fabrics; as a reducing agent in mordent wool dying; as an acid dye stabilizing agent in nylon; as a scouring agent for cotton printing; and as a dye stripper for wool. Ethanedioic acid is also used for degumming silk; for the separation and recovery of rare earth elements from ore; for bleaching leather and masonry; for cleaning aluminum and wood decks; and as a synthetic intermediate for pharmaceuticals.
2. Applicable Rule, Order, or Consent Agreement: Chemical testing requirements for second group of high production volume chemicals (HPV2), 40 CFR 799.5087.
3. Applicable docket ID number: The information received will be added to docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2007-0531.
4. Information Received: EPA received the following information: Exemption Request.
B. Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane (D4) (CASRN 556-67-2)
1. Chemical Uses: D4 is used as an intermediate for silicone copolymers and other chemicals. D4 is also used in industrial processing applications as a solvent (which becomes part of a product formulation or mixture), finishing agent, and an adhesive and sealant chemical. It is also used for both consumer and commercial purposes in paints and coatings, and plastic and rubber products and has consumer uses in polishes, sanitation, soaps, detergents, adhesives, and sealants.
2. Applicable Rule, Order, or Consent Agreement: Enforceable Consent Agreement for Environmental Testing for Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane (D4) (CASRN 556-67-2).
3. Applicable docket ID number: The information received will be added to docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2012-0209.
4. Information Received: EPA received the following information: Benthic sampling events update.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: December 6, 2016.
Acting Director, Chemical Control Division, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics.
[FR Doc. 2016-29889 Filed 12-12-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P