This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/29/2016 at 08:45 am.
Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Department of Defense (DoD).
Notice and request for comments regarding a proposed extension of an approved information collection requirement.
DoD announces the proposed extension of a public information collection requirement and seeks public comment on the provisions thereof. The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has approved this information collection requirement for use through March 31, 2017. DoD proposes that OMB extend its approval for an additional three years.
DoD will consider all comments received by February 28, 2017.
You may submit comments, identified by OMB Control Number 0704-0359, using any of the following methods:
○ Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
○ Email: email@example.com. Include OMB Control Number 0704-0359 in the subject line of the message.
○ Fax: 571-372-6094.
○ Mail: Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Attn: Mr. Tom Ruckdaschel, OUSD(AT&L)DPAP/DARS, Room 3B941, 3060 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3060.
Comments received generally will be posted without change to http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided. To confirm receipt of your comment(s), please check www.regulations.gov approximately two to three days after submission to verify posting. Please allow 30 days for posting of comments submitted by postal mail.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Tom Ruckdaschel, telephone 571-372-6088. The information collection requirements addresses in this notice are available at: http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/dfarspgi/current/index.html. Paper copies are available from Mr. Tom Ruckdaschel, OUSD (AT&L) DPAP (DARS), Room 3B941, 3060 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3060.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In compliance with Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), DoD invites comments on: (a) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of DoD, including whether the information will have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the estimate of the burden of the proposed information collection; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the information collection on respondents, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Title and OMB Number: Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) Part 232, Contract Financing and Related Clauses at 252.232; OMB Control Number 0704-0359.
Needs and Uses:
- DFARS 252.232-7007, Limitation of Government's Obligation. The data submitted by contractors enables contracting officers to calculate improved financing opportunities that will provide benefit to both industry (prime and subcontractor level) and the taxpayer.
- DFARS 252.232-7012, Performance Based Payments—Whole Contract Basis, and 252.232-7013, Performance Based Payments—Deliverable-Item Basis. Contracting officers use the information provided by contractors to create a cash-flow model for use in evaluating alternative financing arrangements. The analysis tool calculates improved financing opportunities that will provide benefit to both industry (prime and subcontractor level) and the taxpayer.
Affected Public: Businesses or other for-profit and not-for-profit institutions.
Number of Respondents: 1,800.
Responses per Respondent: 1.
Annual Responses: 1,800.
Average Burden per Response: 1 hour.
Annual Burden Hours: 1,800.
Frequency: On occasion.
Summary of Information Collection
- DFARS 252.232-7007 is prescribed for use in solicitations and resultant incrementally-funded fixed-price contracts. Paragraph (c) of the clause requires a written notification from the contractor that: (1) States the estimated date when the total amount payable by the Government, including any cost for termination for convenience, will approximate 85 percent of the total amount then allotted to the contract for performance of the applicable items; (2) states an estimate of additional funding, if any, needed to continue performance of applicable line items up to the next scheduled date for allotment of funds, or to a mutually agreed upon substitute date; and (3) advises the contracting officer of the estimated amount of additional funds that will be required for the timely performance of the items funded pursuant to the clause, for a subsequent period as may be specified in the allotment schedule, or otherwise agreed to by the parties to the contract.
- DFARS 252.232-7012 is prescribed for use at DFARS 232.1005-70(a). This clause requires contractors to report the negotiated value of all previously completed performance-based payments; negotiated value of current performance-based payment(s) event(s); cumulative negotiated value of performance-based payment(s) events completed to date; total costs incurred to date; cumulative amount of payments previously requested; and the payment amount requested for the current performance based payment.Start Printed Page 96445
- DFARS 252.232-7013 is prescribed for use at 232.1005-70(b). This clause requires contractors to report the negotiated value of current performance-based payment(s) event(s); cumulative negotiated value of performance-based payment(s) events completed to date; total costs incurred to date; cumulative amount of payments previously requested; and the payment amount requested for the current performance based payment.
Jennifer L. Hawes,
Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations System.
[FR Doc. 2016-31757 Filed 12-29-16; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-06-P