Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB); request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review. The information collection is entitled, NRC Form 212, “Qualifications Investigation Professional, Technical, and Administrative Positions.”
Submit comments by March 2, 2017.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: Vlad Dorjets, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0033), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503; telephone: 202-395-7315, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Further Info
Start Printed Page 8882
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2016-0070 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0070. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2016-0070 on this Web site.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing ADAMS Accession No. ML16168A217. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML16305A089.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “NRC Form 212, “Qualifications Investigation Professional, Technical, and Administrative Positions”. The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on August 3, 2016 (81 FR 51215).
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 212, “Qualifications Investigation Professional, Technical, and Administrative Positions.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0033.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 212.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: The form is collected for every new hire to the NRC.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Former employers, supervisors, and other references indicated on the job application are asked to complete the NRC Form 212.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 1,000.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1,000.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 500 hours.
10. Abstract: Information requested on NRC Form 212, “Qualifications Investigation, Professional, Technical, and Administrative Positions” is used to determine the qualifications and suitability of external applicants for employment with the NRC. The completed form may be used to examine, rate and/or assess the prospective employee's qualifications. The information regarding the qualifications of applicants for employment is reviewed by professional personnel of the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer, in conjunction with other information in the NRC files, to determine the qualifications of the applicant for appointment to the position under consideration.
End Supplemental Information
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 26th day of January 2017.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2017-02053 Filed 1-30-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P