This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 01/31/2017 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Draft regulatory guide; extension of comment period.
On November 21, 2016, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) solicited comments on draft regulatory guide (DG) DG-1327, “Pressurized Water Reactor Control Rod Ejection and Boiling Water Reactor Control Rod Drop Accidents.” The public comment period was originally scheduled to close on February 21, 2017. The NRC has decided to extend the public comment period to allow more time for members of the public to develop and submit their comments.
The due date of comments requested in the document published on November 21, 2016 (81 FR 83288), is extended. Comments should be filed no later than April 21, 2017. Comments received after this date will be considered, if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods (unless this document describes a different method for submitting comments on a specified subject):
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0233. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-415-3463; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individuals listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Office of Administration, Mail Stop: OWFN-12H-08, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on accessing information and submitting comments, see “Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Paul Clifford, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, telephone: 301-415-4043, email: Paul.Clifford@nrc.gov and Edward O'Donnell, Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research, telephone: 301-415-3317, email: Edward.ODonnell@nrc.gov. Both are staff of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2016-0233 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information regarding this action. You may obtain publically-available information related to this action, by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0233.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The DG is electronically available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML16124A200.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2016-0233 in your comment submission. The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enters the comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
On November 21, 2016, the NRC solicited comments on draft regulatory guide (DG) DG-1327, “Pressurized Water Reactor Control Rod Ejection and Boiling Water Reactor Control Rod Drop Accidents.” The public comment period was originally scheduled to close on February 21, 2017. Because this DG proposes new guidance for analyzing accidents such as control rod ejection for pressurized water reactors and control rod drop for boiling-water reactors, the NRC has decided to extend the public comment period to allow more time for members of the public to develop and submit their comments. The NRC has decided to extend the public comment period on this document until April 21, 2017, to allow more time for members of the public to submit their comments.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 26th day of January, 2017.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Thomas H. Boyce,
Chief, Regulatory Guidance and Generic Issues Branch, Division of Engineering, Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research.
[FR Doc. 2017-02073 Filed 1-31-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P