Office of Science, Department of Energy.
Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Basic Energy Sciences Advisory Committee (BESAC). The Federal Advisory Committee Act requires that public notice of these meetings be announced in the Federal Register.
Thursday, February 23, 2017; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday, February 24, 2017; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, 1750 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Katie Runkles; Office of Basic Energy Sciences; U.S. Department of Energy; Germantown Building, 1000 Independence Avenue SW., Washington, DC 20585; Telephone: (301) 903-6529.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of the Board: The purpose of this Board is to make recommendation to DOE-SC with respect to the basic energy sciences research program.
- Call to Order, Introductions, Review of the Agenda
- News from the Office of Science
- News from the Office of Basic Energy Sciences
- Report for the Energy-Water Nexus Basic Research Needs Workshop
- Grand Challenges Science Reports Review
- X-Ray Light Sources: An International Perspective
- NSLS-II Operations Update
- Energy Frontier Research Centers/Hubs Committee of Visitors Report
- WDTS Committee of Visitors Report
- ASCAC LDRD Review Update
- Chemical Sciences, Geosciences and Biosciences Committee of Visitors Update
- Public Comments
Breaks Taken As Appropriate
Public Participation: The meeting is open to the public. If you would like to file a written statement with the Committee, you may do so either before or after the meeting. If you would like to make oral statements regarding any of the items on the agenda, you should contact Katie Runkles at 301-903-6594 (fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org (email). Reasonable provision will be made to include the scheduled oral statements on the agenda. The Chairperson of the Committee will conduct the meeting to facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Public comment will follow the 10-minute rule.
Minutes: The minutes of this meeting will be available for public review and copying within 30 days on the Committee's Web site: http://science.energy.gov/bes/besac/.
End Supplemental Information
Issued in Washington, DC, on February 1, 2017.
LaTanya R. Butler,
Deputy Committee Management Officier.
[FR Doc. 2017-02563 Filed 2-7-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P