This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/22/2017 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Renewal of existing information collection; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment on the renewal of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for an existing collection of information. The information collection is entitled, NRC Form 749, “Manual License Verification Report.”
Submit comments by May 22, 2017. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0183. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-415-3463; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
- Mail comments to: David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Mail Stop: T-5 F53, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on obtaining information and submitting comments, see “Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2016-0183 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0183. A copy of the collection of Information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2016-0183.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select“Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The Supporting Statement and NRC Form 749 “Manual License Verification Report” are available in ADAMS under Accession Nos. ML16294A577 and ML16335A194.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
- NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2016-0183 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS, and the NRC does not routinely edit Start Printed Page 14920comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC is requesting public comment on its intention to request the OMB's approval for the information collection summarized below.
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 749, “Manual License Verification Report.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0223.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number, if applicable: NRC Form 749.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: On occasion. Licensees subject to 10 CFR part 37, “Physical Protection of Byproduct Material” license verification requirements must verify the legitimacy of the license with the issuing agency prior to transferring radioactive materials in quantities of concern.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Licensees are required to complete a license verification under the circumstances noted in 4 above. A License Verification System (LVS) is available to provide an electronic method for fulfilling this requirement. In cases where a licensee is unable to use the LVS to perform a verification, they will provide NRC Form 749 for manual license verification.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 456.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 456.
9. The estimated number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 46 hours.
10. Abstract: When a licensee is unable to use the License Verification System to perform their license verification prior to transferring radioactive materials in quantities of concern, a manual process is available, in which licensees submit the NRC Form 749, “Manual License Verification Report.” The form provides the information necessary for the license issuing agencies to perform the verification on behalf of the licensee transferring the radioactive materials.
III. Specific Requests for Comments
The NRC is seeking comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the estimate of the burden of the information collection accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection on respondents be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 17th day of March 2017.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2017-05749 Filed 3-22-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P