The Materials Technical Advisory Committee will meet on May 11, 2017, 10:00 a.m., Herbert C. Hoover Building, Room 3884, 14th Street between Constitution & Pennsylvania Avenues NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration with respect to technical questions that affect the level of export controls applicable to materials and related technology.
1. Presentation: Twist Bioscience on Twist's experience with export controls.
2. Presentation: Export Enforcement Coordination Center (E2C2) and discussion on the FBI film “Made in America: Defending Our Technology.”
3. A draft proposal to move a green technology report forward, engaging the Office of Technology and Evaluation and the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Advisory Committee on the possibility of collaboration.
4. Open session report by regime representatives.
5. Report by working groups (composite, pumps and valves, bio, public domain, chemicals).
6. Public Comments/New Business/Closed session.
7. Discussion of matters determined to be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 sections 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3).
The open session will be accessible via teleconference to 20 participants on a first come, first serve basis. To join the conference, submit inquiries to Ms. Yvette Springer at Yvette.Springer@bis.doc.gov, no later than May 4, 2017.
A limited number of seats will be available during the public session of the meeting. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. Written statements may be submitted at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials to Committee members, the materials should be forwarded prior to the meeting to Ms. Springer via email.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on February 15, 2017, pursuant to section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended (5 U.S.C. app. 2 sec. 10(d)), that the portion of the meeting dealing with pre-decisional changes to the Commerce Control List and the U.S. export control policies shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 sections 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3). The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public.
For more information, call Yvette Springer at (202) 482-2813.
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 2017-08387 Filed 4-25-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-P