This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/04/2017 at 08:45 am.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, HHS.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (the PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information (including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information) and to allow 60 days for public comment on the proposed action. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding our burden estimates or any other aspect of this collection of information, including the necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions, the accuracy of the estimated burden, ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected, and the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments must be received by July 5, 2017.
When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address: CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number ____, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/PaperworkReductionActof1995/PRA-Listing.html.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This notice sets out a summary of the use and burden associated with the following information collections. More detailed information can be found in each collection's supporting statement and associated materials (see ADDRESSES).
CMS-10320 Health Care Reform Insurance Web Portal Requirements 45 CFR part 159
CMS-724 Medicare/Medicaid Psychiatric Hospital Survey Data and Supporting Regulations
Under the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA requires federal agencies to publish a 60-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved information collection; Title of Information Collection: Health Care Reform Insurance Web Portal Requirements 45 CFR part 159; Use: In accordance with the provisions of the ACA referenced above, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services created a Web site called healthcare.gov to meet these and other provisions of the law, and data collection was conducted for six months based upon an emergency information collection request. The interim final rule published on May 5, 2010 served as the emergency Federal Register notice for the prior information collection request. The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) reviewed the request under emergency processing and approved it on April 30, 2010.
CMS updated the web portal system where state Departments of Insurance and issuers log in using a custom user Start Printed Page 21241ID and password validation. The states are asked to provide information on issuers in their state and various Web sites maintained for consumers. The issuers are also tasked with providing information on their major medical insurance products and plans. They are ultimately given the choice to download a basic information template to enter data then upload into the web portal; to manually enter data within the web portal itself; or to submit .xml files containing their information. Once the states and issuers submit their data, they will receive an email notifying them of any errors, and that their submission was received.
CMS is mandates that issuers verify and update their information on a quarterly basis and requests that States verify State-submitted information on an annual basis. In the event that an issuer enhances its existing plans, proposes new plans, or deactivates plans, the organization would be required to update the information in the web portal. Changes occurring during the three month quarterly periods will be allowed utilizing effective dates for both the plans and rates associated with the plans. Form Number: CMS-10320 (OMB control number: 0938-1086); Frequency: Annually, Quarterly; Affected Public: State, Local, and Tribal Governments; Number of Respondents: 305; Total Annual Responses: 5,500; Total Annual Hours: 89,725. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Kim Heckstall at 410-786-1647.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Medicare/Medicaid Psychiatric Hospital Survey Data and Supporting Regulations; Use: The CMS-724 form is used to collect data that assists us in program planning and evaluation and in maintaining an accurate database on providers participating in the psychiatric hospital program. Specifically, we use the information collected on this form in evaluating the Medicare psychiatric hospital program. The form is also used for audit purposes; determining patient population and characteristics of the hospital; and survey term composition. Form Number: CMS-724 (OMB control number: 0938-0378); Frequency: Annually; Affected Public: Business or other for-profits and Not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 150; Total Annual Responses: 150; Total Annual Hours: 75. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Stephanie Hursey at 410-786-4349.)Start Signature
Dated: May 2, 2017.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2017-09170 Filed 5-4-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P