Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment on the renewal of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for an existing collection of information. The information collection is titled “Licenses for Radiography and Radiation Safety Requirements for Radiographic Operations.”
Submit comments by July 24, 2017.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: Aaron Szabo, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, OMB 3150-0007, NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503; telephone: 202-395-3621, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2016-0123 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0123.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML17156A778.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently Start Printed Page 28535submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review titled “Licenses for Radiography and Radiation Safety Requirements for Radiographic Operations.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on March 17, 2017 (82 FR 14236).
1. The title of the information collection: “10 CFR part 34, Licenses for Radiography and Radiation Safety Requirements for Radiographic Operations.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0007.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: Applications for new licenses and amendments may be submitted at any time (on occasion). Applications for renewal are submitted every 10 years. Reports are submitted as events occur.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Applicants for and holders of specific licenses authorizing the use of licensed radioactive material for radiography.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 3,031 (141 reporting responses + 2,312 third-party disclosure responses + 578 recordkeepers).
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 578 (500 Agreement State licensees plus 78 NRC licensees).
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the
information collection requirement or request: 260,457 hours (2,770 reporting + 234,741 recordkeeping + 22,946 third party disclosure).
10. Abstract: Part 34 of title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) establishes radiation safety requirements for the use of radioactive material in industrial radiography. The information in the applications, reports, and records is used by the NRC staff to ensure that the health and safety of the public is protected and that licensee possession and use of source and byproduct material is in compliance with license and regulatory requirements.
End Supplemental Information
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2017-13011 Filed 6-21-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P