Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment on the renewal of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for an existing collection of information. The information collection is titled NRC Form 749, “Manual License Verification Report.”
Submit comments by July 31, 2017.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: Aaron Szabo, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0223), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503; telephone: 202-395-3621, email: email@example.com.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2016-0183 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2016-0183. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2016-0183 on this Web site.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Supporting Statement and NRC Form 749 “Manual License Verification Report” are available in ADAMS under Accession Nos. ML177173A878 and ML16335A194.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review titled, NRC Form 749, “Manual License Verification Report.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on March 23, 2017 (82 FR 14919).
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 749, “Manual License Verification Report.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0223.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 749.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: On occasion. Licensees subject to 10 CFR part 37, “Physical Protection of Byproduct Material” license verification requirements must verify the legitimacy of the license with the issuing agency prior to transferring radioactive materials in quantities of concern.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Licensees are required to complete a license verification under the circumstances noted in 4 above. A License Verification System (LVS) is available to provide an electronic method for fulfilling this requirement. In cases where a licensee is unable to use the LVS to perform a verification, they will provide NRC Form 749 for manual license verification.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 456.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 456.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 46 hours.
10. Abstract: When a licensee is unable to use the License Verification System to perform their license verification prior to transferring radioactive materials in quantities of concern, a manual process is available, in which licensees submit the NRC Form 749, “Manual License Verification Report.” The form provides the information necessary for the license issuing agencies to perform the verification on behalf of the licensee transferring the radioactive materials.
End Supplemental Information
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2017-13614 Filed 6-28-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P