This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 07/20/2017 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The information collections are entitled, “DOE/NRC Form 740M, Concise Note; DOE/NRC Form 741, Nuclear Material Transaction Report; DOE/NRC Form 742, Material Balance Report and, DOE/NRC Form 742C, Physical Inventory Listing.”
Submit comments by August 21, 2017.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: Aaron Szabo, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0057, 3150-0003, 3150-0004, 3150-0058), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503; telephone: 202-395-3621, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@nrc.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID: NRC-2016-0174 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:Start Printed Page 33932
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID: NRC-2016-0174. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2016-0174.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing the following ADAMS Accession No. ML17173A237. Guidance documents are available for the forms in ADAMS as follows: NUREG/BR-0006, Revision 7, ADAMS Accession No. ML111740924, and NUREG/BR-0007 ADAMS Accession No. ML090120288. The supporting statements for each DOE/NRC Form and the forms themselves are available in ADAMS as follows: DOE/NRC Form 740M, “Concise Note” ADAMS Accession Nos. ML17173A239 and ML16252A189; DOE/NRC Form 741, “Nuclear Material Transaction Report” ADAMS Accession Nos. ML17173A240 and ML16252A191; DOE/NRC Form 742, “Material Balance Report” ADAMS Accession numbers ML17173A241 and ML16252A192; and DOE/NRC Form 742C, “Physical Inventory Listing” ADAMS Accession Nos. ML17173A242 and ML16252A193.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
- NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collections of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted an extension of four collections of information to OMB for review entitled, “DOE/NRC Form 740M, Concise Note; DOE/NRC Form 741, Nuclear Material Transaction Report; DOE/NRC Form 742, Material Balance Report; DOE/NRC Form 742C, Physical Inventory Listing.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on October 28, 2016, 81 FR 75167.
1. The title of the information collection: DOE/NRC Form 740M, Concise Note; DOE/NRC Form 741, Nuclear Material Transaction Report; DOE/NRC Form 742, Material Balance Report; DOE/NRC Form 742C, Physical Inventory Listing.
2. OMB approval numbers:
DOE/NRC Form 740M: 3150-0057.
DOE/NRC Form 741: 3150-0003.
DOE/NRC Form 742: 3150-0004.
DOE/NRC Form 742C: 3150-0058.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number if applicable: DOE/NRC Forms 740M, 741, 742, and 742C.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: DOE/NRC Form 741, Nuclear Material Transaction Reports will be collected whenever nuclear material is shipped or received into the Material Balance Area; DOE/NRC Form 742, Material Balance Report will be collected on an annual basis; DOE/NRC Form 742C, Physical Inventory Listing will be collected on an annual basis; DOE/NRC Form 740M, Concise Note Forms are used when needed.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Any licensee who ships, receives, or otherwise undergoes an inventory change of nuclear material is required to submit a DOE/NRC Form 741 to document the change. Additional information regarding these transactions shall be submitted through Form 740M, with Safeguards Information identified and handled in accordance with § 73.21 of Title of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), “Protection of Safeguards Information: Performance requirements.”
Any licensee who had possessed in the previous reporting period, at any one time and location, nuclear material in a quantity totaling one gram or more shall complete DOE/NRC Form 742. In addition, each licensee, Federal or State, who is authorized to possess, at any one time or location, one kilogram of foreign obligated source material, is required to file with the NRC an annual statement of source material inventory which is foreign obligated.
Any licensee, who had possessed in the previous reporting period, at any one time and location, special nuclear material in a quantity totaling one gram or more shall complete DOE/NRC Form 742C.
7. The estimated number of annual responses:
DOE/NRC Form 740M: 150
DOE/NRC Form 741: 10,000
DOE/NRC Form 742: 360
DOE/NRC Form 742C: 360
8. The estimated number of annual respondents:
DOE/NRC Form 740M: 15
DOE/NRC Form 741: 340
DOE/NRC Form 742: 360
DOE/NRC Form 742C: 360
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request:
DOE/NRC Form 740M: 113
DOE/NRC Form 741: 12,500
DOE/NRC Form 742: 1,260
DOE/NRC Form 742C: 1,440
10. Abstract: Persons licensed to possess specified quantities of nuclear material currently report inventory and transaction of material to the Nuclear Materials Management and Safeguards System via the DOE/NRC Forms: DOE/NRC Form 740M, Concise Note; DOE/NRC Form 741, Nuclear Material Transaction Report; DOE/NRC Form 742, Material Balance Report; DOE/NRC Form 742C, Physical Inventory Listing. The NRC uses these forms to collect, retrieve, analyze, and maintain relevant inventory data. The NRC is not submitting the information collections Start Printed Page 33933associated with the modified Small Quantities Protocol to OMB at this time. A separate 30-day notice will be published prior to submitting the information collections associated with the final rule.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 14th day of July 2017.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2017-15354 Filed 7-20-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P