This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 07/28/2017 at 08:45 am.
Pursuant to Section 11A of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (“Act”), and Rule 608 thereunder, notice is hereby given that on June 30, 2017, the Participants  in the Joint Self-Regulatory Organization Plan Governing the Collection, Consolidation and Dissemination of Quotation and Transaction Information for Nasdaq-Listed Securities Traded on Exchanges on an Unlisted Trading Privileges Basis (“NASDAQ/UTP Plan” or “Plan”) filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“Commission”) a proposal to amend the NASDAQ/UTP Plan. Start Printed Page 35572These amendments represent Amendment 39 to the NASDAQ/UTP Plan (“Amendments”). The Amendments propose to effectuate changes that certain Participants have made to their names and addresses, as set forth in Section I(A) of the NASDAQ/UTP Plan and to update the listing of Participant identifying codes set forth in Section VIII(C) of the Plan. Pursuant to Rule 608(b)(3)(ii) under Regulation NMS, the Participants designate the Amendments as concerned solely with the administration of the Plans and as “Ministerial Amendments” under Section XVI of the Nasdaq/UTP Plan. As a result, the Amendments were effective upon filing and were submitted by the Chairman of the Plan's Operating Committee. The Commission is publishing this notice to solicit comments from interested persons on the proposed Amendments.
I. Rule 608(a)
A. Purpose of the Amendments
The Amendments effectuate changes that certain Participants have made to their names and addresses, as set forth in Section I(A) of the NASDAQ/UTP Plan and to update the listing of Participant identifying codes set forth in Section VIII(C) of the Plan.
B. Governing or Constituent Documents
C. Implementation of the Amendments
Because the Amendments constitute “Ministerial Amendments” under Section XVI of the Nasdaq/UTP Plan, the Chairman of the Plan's Operating Committee may submit the Amendments to the Commission on behalf of the Participants in the Plan. Because the Participants have designated the Amendments as concerned solely with the administration of the NASDAQ/UTP Plan, the Amendments become effective upon filing with the Commission.
D. Development and Implementation Phases
E. Analysis of Impact on Competition
The Participants assert that the Amendments do not impose any burden on competition because they merely effectuate a change in the names and addresses of certain Participants. For the same reasons, the Participants do not believe that the Amendments introduce terms that are unreasonably discriminatory for purposes of Section 11A(c)(1)(D) of the Exchange Act.
F. Written Understanding or Agreements Relating to Interpretation of, or Participation in, Plan
G. Approval by Sponsors in Accordance With Plan
See Item I.C. above.
H. Description of Operation of Facility Contemplated by the Proposed Amendments
I. Terms and Conditions of Access
J. Method of Determination and Imposition, and Amount of, Fees and Charges
K. Method and Frequency of Processor Evaluation
L. Dispute Resolution
II. Rule 601(a)
A. Equity Securities for Which Transaction Reports Shall Be Required by the Plan
B. Reporting Requirements
C. Manner of Collecting, Processing, Sequencing, Making Available and Disseminating Last Sale Information
D. Manner of Consolidation
E. Standards and Methods Ensuring Promptness, Accuracy and Completeness of Transaction Reports
F. Rules and Procedures Addressed to Fraudulent or Manipulative Dissemination
G. Terms of Access to Transaction Reports
H. Identification of Marketplace of Execution
III. Solicitation of Comments
The Commission seeks general comments on the Amendments. Interested persons are invited to submit written data, views, and arguments concerning the foregoing, including whether the proposed Amendments are consistent with the Act. Comments may be submitted by any of the following methods:
- Use the Commission's Internet comment form (http://www.sec.gov/rules/sro.shtml); or
- Send an email to email@example.com. Please include File Number S7-24-89 on the subject line.
- Send paper comments in triplicate to Brent J. Fields, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street NE., Washington, DC 20549-1090.
All submissions should refer to File Number S7-24-89. This file number should be included on the subject line if email is used. To help the Commission process and review your comments more efficiently, please use only one method. The Commission will post all comments on the Commission's Web site (http://www.sec.gov/rules/sro.shtml). Copies of the submission, all written statements with respect to the proposed Amendments that are filed with the Commission, and all written communications relating to the proposed Amendments between the Commission and any person, other than those that may be withheld from the public in accordance with the provisions of 5 U.S.C. 552, will be available for Web site viewing and printing in the Commission's Public Reference Room, 100 F Street NE., Washington, DC 20549, on official business days between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Copies of the filing also will be available for Web site viewing and printing at the principal office of the Plans. All comments received will be posted without change; the Commission does not edit personal identifying information from submissions. You should submit only information that you wish to make available publicly. All submissions should refer to File Number S7-24-89 and should be submitted on or before August 21, 2017.Start Signature
By the Commission.
Brent J. Fields,
3. The Participants are: Bats BYX Exchange, Inc., Bats BZX Exchange, Inc., Bats EDGA Exchange, Inc., Bats EDGX Exchange, Inc., Chicago Board Options Exchange, Inc., Chicago Stock Exchange, Inc., Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc., International Securities Exchange LLC, Investors' Exchange LLC, NASDAQ BX, Inc., NASDAQ PHLX, Inc., NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, New York Stock Exchange LLC, NYSE Arca, Inc., NYSE MKT LLC, and NYSE National, Inc. (collectively, the “Participants”).Back to Citation
4. The Plan governs the collection, processing, and dissemination on a consolidated basis of quotation information and transaction reports in Eligible Securities for each of its Participants. This consolidated information informs investors of the current quotation and recent trade prices of Nasdaq securities. It enables investors to ascertain from one data source the current prices in all the markets trading Nasdaq securities. The Plan serves as the required transaction reporting plan for its Participants, which is a prerequisite for their trading Eligible Securities. See Securities Exchange Act Release No. 55647 (April 19, 2007), 72 FR 20891 (April 26, 2007).Back to Citation
[FR Doc. 2017-15999 Filed 7-28-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 8011-01-P