This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 07/31/2017 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Draft regulatory issue summary; request for comment and public meeting; extension of comment period.
On July 3, 2017, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) solicited comments on “Clarification on Endorsement of Nuclear Energy Institute Guidance in Designing Digital Upgrades in Instrumentation and Control Systems.” The public comment period was originally scheduled to close on August 2, 2017. The NRC has decided to extend the public comment period to allow more time for members of the public to develop and submit their comments.
The due date of comments requested in the document published on July 3, 2017 (82 FR 30913) is extended. Comments should be filed no later than August 16, 2017. Comments received after this date will be considered, if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2017-0154. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-415-3463; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individuals listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Office of Administration, Mail Stop: TWFN- 8- D36M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on obtaining information and submitting comments, see “Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tekia Govan, telephone: 301-415-6197, email: Tekia.Govan@nrc.gov, or Jason Drake, telephone: 301-415-8378, email: Jason.Drake@nrc.gov. Both are staff members of the Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2017-0154 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2017-0154.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The draft RIS, “NRC Draft Regulatory Issue Summary 2017-XX Supplement to RIS 2002-22,” is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML17102B507.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2017-0154 in your comment submission.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC posts all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as entering the comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
On July 3, 2017, the NRC solicited comments on “Clarification on Endorsement of Nuclear Energy Institute Guidance in Designing Digital Upgrades in Instrumentation and Control Systems.” The purpose of the RIS is clarify the endorsed NEI 01-01 guidance regarding licensee upgrades to digital instrumentation and control systems. The public comment period was Start Printed Page 35828originally scheduled to close on August 2, 2017. The NRC has decided to extend the public comment period on this document until August 16, 2017, to allow more time for members of the public to submit their comments.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 27th day of July, 2017.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Alexander D. Garmoe,
Acting Chief, Generic Communications Branch, Division of Policy and Rulemaking, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation.
[FR Doc. 2017-16153 Filed 7-31-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P