This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/10/2017 at 08:45 am.
Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Department of Justice.
Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on March 16, 2017 allowing for a 60 day comment period.
Comments are encourages and will be accepted for an additional 30 day until September 11, 2017.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to Gerry Lynn Brovey, Supervisory Information Liaison Specialist, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division, 1000 Custer Hollow Road; Clarksburg, WV 26306; phone: 304-625-4320 or email email@example.com. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be sent to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the Start Printed Page 37613proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Existing collection in use without OMB approval.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Address Verification/Change Request Form (1-797).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Agency form number: 1-797. Sponsoring component: Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. The form can be used by any requester who wishes to correct or verify the address submitted on their Departmental Order 556-73 request.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 720 respondents will complete each form within approximately 2 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 24 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Suite 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 8, 2017.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2017-16969 Filed 8-10-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P