In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation (NSF) announces the following meeting:
Name and Committee Code: Advisory Committee for Polar Programs (1130).
Date and Time: October 19, 2017, 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m., October 20, 2017, 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 2415 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia 22314, Room C 2010 (October 19) and E 2020 (October 20).
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Andrew Backe, National Science Foundation, Room W 7134, 2415 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; Phone 703-292-2454.
Minutes: May be obtained from the contact person listed above.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations to the National Science Foundation concerning support for polar research, education, infrastructure and logistics, and related activities.
October 19, 2017; 2 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Opening Remarks and Introductions
- Harassment Policy
- Polar Data/Cyberinfrastructure
- Antarctic Infrastructure Modernization for Science (AIMS)
- Strategic Planning—Part 1
October 20, 2017; 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Community Engagement in Research in Alaska
- Navigating the New Arctic
- Strategic Planning—Part 2
- Meeting with the NSF Director and COO
- Thwaites Project
- Wrap-up and Action Items
Dated: September 18, 2017.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2017-20123 Filed 9-20-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P