Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice.
Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encourages and will be accepted for an additional 30 day until January 18, 2018.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to Mrs. Amy Blasher, Unit Chief, Federal Bureau of Investigation, CJIS Division, ModuleE-3, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306; facsimile (304) 625-3566. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be sent to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Cargo Theft Incident Report.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Agency form number: 1110-0048. Sponsoring component: Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: City, county, state, federal, and tribal law enforcement agencies. Abstract: This collection is needed to collect information on cargo theft incidents committed throughout the United States.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: There are approximately 9,432 law enforcement agency respondents that submit monthly for a total of 217,860 responses with an estimated response time of 5 minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 9,078 hours, annual burden, associated with this information collection.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, Suite 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: December 14, 2017
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2017-27259 Filed 12-18-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P