Civil Division, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Civil Division, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 30 days until August 13, 2018.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Comments are encouraged and all comments should reference the 8 digit OMB number for the collection or the title of the collection. If you have questions concerning the collection, please contact James G. Touhey, Jr., Director, Torts Branch, Civil Division, U.S. Department of Justice, P.O. Box 888, Benjamin Franklin Station, Washington, DC 20044, Telephone: (202) 616-4400.Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Room 10235, 725 17th Street NW, Washington, DC 20503 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Claim for Damage, Injury, or Death.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form number is CIV SF 95. The applicable component within the Department of Justice is the Civil Division.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: Businesses or other for-profit, Non-for-profit institutions, and State, Local, or Tribal Governments. Abstract: This form is used by those persons making a claim against the United States Government under the Federal Tort Claims Act.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that there will be 100,000 respondents who will each require 6 hours to respond.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total estimated annual burden hours to complete the certification form is 600,000 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: July 10, 2018.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2018-15040 Filed 7-12-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-12-P