Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The information collection is entitled, “10 CFR part 140, Financial Protection Requirements and Indemnity Agreements.”
Submit comments by August 15, 2018.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: OMB Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0039), Attn: Desk Officer for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 725 17th Street NW, Washington, DC 20503; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Start Printed Page 32919
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2018-0050 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal rulemaking Website: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2018-0050.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML18127B276.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “10 CFR part 140, Financial Protection Requirements and Indemnity Agreements.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on April 10, 2018 (83 FR 15422).
1. The title of the information collection: “ 10 CFR part 140, Financial Protection Requirements and Indemnity Agreements.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0039.
3. Type of submission: Revision.
4. The form number, if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: On occasion, as needed for applicants and licensees to meet their responsibilities called for in Sections 170 and 193 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Each applicant for or holder of a license issued under parts 50 or 54 of title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) to operate a nuclear reactor, or the applicant for or holder of a combined license issued under parts 52 or 54 of 10 CFR, as well as licensees authorized to possess and use plutonium in a plutonium processing and fuel fabrication plant. In addition, licensees authorized to construct and operate a uranium enrichment facility in accordance with parts 40 and 70 of 10 CFR.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 102.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 102.
9. The estimated number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 796.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 140 specifies the information to be submitted by licensees that enables the NRC to assess (a) financial protection required by licensees and for the indemnification and limitation of liability of certain licensees and other persons pursuant to Section 170 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, and (b) the liability insurance required of plutonium processing and fuel fabrication plants, as well as uranium enrichment facility licensees pursuant to Section 193 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended.
End Supplemental Information
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 10th day of July, 2018.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2018-15080 Filed 7-13-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P