U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), will be submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published in the Federal Register to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until October 9, 2018.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Office of Chief Information Office, Forms Management Office, U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, 801 I Street NW, Mailstop 5800, Washington, DC 20536-5800.
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension, without changes, of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Allegation of Counterfeiting and Intellectual Piracy.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form 73-048, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. This electronic form/collection will be utilized by the public and law enforcement partners as part of an automated allegation and deconfliction program.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond:
|Number of respondents||Form name/Form No.||Avg. burden per response (in hours)|
|12,000||Allegation of Counterfeiting and Intellectual Piracy||.033|
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 2,890 annual burden hours.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 7, 2018.
Program Manager, PRA Clearance, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2018-17165 Filed 8-9-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P