Start Printed Page 39759
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, HHS.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, and to allow a second opportunity for public comment on the notice. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including the necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions, the accuracy of the estimated burden, ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected and the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments on the collection(s) of information must be received by the OMB desk officer by September 10, 2018.
When commenting on the proposed information collections, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be received by the OMB desk officer via one of the following transmissions: OMB, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: CMS Desk Officer, Fax Number: (202) 395-5806 OR Email: OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' website address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA) (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)) requires federal agencies to publish a 30-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice that summarizes the following proposed collection(s) of information for public comment:
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Program Integrity: Exchange, Premium Stabilization Programs, and Market Standards; Amendments to the HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2014; Final Rule II; Use: The original approved ICR affiliated with this final rule was titled Program Integrity: Exchange, Premium Stabilization Programs, and Market Standards; Amendments to the HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2014; Final Rule II and was approved on 8/26/2015. This request serves as the formal request for renewal of the clearance. This ICR includes some of the ICRs from the previously approved final rule. The program integrity data collections and third-party disclosure requirements will assist HHS in determining Exchange compliance with Federal standards. The data collection and third-party disclosure requirements will also assist HHS in monitoring QHP issuers in FFEs for compliance with Federal QHP issuer standards. The data collected by health insurance issuers and Exchanges will help to inform HHS, Exchanges, and health insurance issuers as to the participation of individuals, employers, and employees in the individual Exchange, and SHOP. Form Number: CMS-10516 (OMB Control Number: 0938-1277); Frequency: Annually; Affected Public: Private Sector, State, Business, and Not-for Profits; Number of Respondents: 1,915; Number of Responses: 1,915; Total Annual Hours: 48,732. (For questions regarding this collection, contact Leigha Basini at (301) 492-4380.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved information collection; Title of Information Collection: Essential Community Provider Data Collection to Support QHP Certification for PYs 2021-2023; Use: For plan years beginning on or after January 1, 2021, Health and Human Services (HHS) intends to continue collecting more complete provider data for inclusion on the HHS Essential Community Provider (ECP) list to ensure a more accurate reflection of the universe of qualified available ECPs in a given service area that can be counted toward an issuer's satisfaction of the ECP standard. HHS intends to continue collecting these data on qualified and available ECPs directly from providers through the online ECP petition. Providers will submit an ECP petition to be added to the HHS ECP list or update required data fields to remain on the list. Form Number: CMS-10561 (OMB control number: 0938-1295); Frequency: Annually; Affected Public: Private sector (Business or other for-profits and Not-for-profit Institutions); Number of Respondents: 14,260; Total Annual Responses: 14,260; Total Annual Hours: 7,468. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Deborah Hunter at (202) 309-1098).
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 7, 2018.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2018-17190 Filed 8-9-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P