Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a renewal of an existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The information collection is entitled, “Requests to Non-Agreement States for Information.”
Submit comments by September 24, 2018.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: OMB Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0200), Attn: Desk Officer for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 725 17th Street NW, Washington, DC 20503; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2017-0210 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking website: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2017-0210. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2017-0210 on this website.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The supporting statement is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML18171A298.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at http://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “Requests to Non-Agreement States for Information.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is Start Printed Page 42715not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on April 2, 2018, (83 FR 14064).
1. The title of the information collection: Requests to Non-Agreement States for Information.
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0200.
3. Type of submission: Revision.
4. The form number if applicable: Not Applicable.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: On occasion.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Non-Agreement States.
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 120 responses.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 15 respondents.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 840 hours.
10. Abstract: Occasionally, requests may be made of Non-Agreement States to provide a more complete overview of the national program for regulating radioactive materials. This information would be used in the decision-making of the Commission. The legal basis is that section 274(a)(3) of the Atomic Energy Act authorizes and directs the NRC to cooperate with the States to promote an orderly regulatory pattern between the Commission and State governments with respect to nuclear development and use and regulation of byproduct, source, and special nuclear materials. Information requests sought from Non-Agreement States may take the form of one-time surveys, e.g., telephonic and electronic surveys/polls and facsimiles (questionnaires).
End Supplemental Information
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 17th day of August 2018.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
David C. Cullison,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2018-18145 Filed 8-22-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P